Sleeper Cell(Showtime show), Worth a blind purchase?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Shane Martin, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I've heard this is a more realistic 24. Can anyone recommend this for a blind purchase?

The pricing for the Season 1 set seems tempting enough.

2. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

i liked the series. not wall to wall action, a little more contemplative of the issues involved, but solid performances, nice story, definitely worth watching. what's the price?

3. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Definitely worth it. Amazon has it for $24.99 I believe and DeepDiscountDVD for $23.09 - just placed an order there in fact, two minutes ago.

Similarity to 24 is warranted, but only due to subject matter. Amazingly realistic, smart, and riveting. Absolutely recommended blindly.

4. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I wouldn't mind finish watching this show (on DVD) since the first two episodes (that I saw on a free Showtime Free Preview weekend) did have me wanting to see more despite the slow build-up.

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

$25 on amazon was the price. $25 for 660 minutes seems like a steal to me [​IMG]

6. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

What is with everyone posting ... Worth a Blind Buy?" That little gimmick is starting to be a little boring. Don't be offended but let's be a little more imaginative.[​IMG]

7. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Should they say...."warrants a sightless purchase"?

8. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

[​IMG] Maybe ... Just posting the title should be ample enough but typing the name of the show and seeing "Blind Purchase" in every topic title? Just create a simple topic entitled "TV Shows on DVD: Worth a Blind Purchase?"

9. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

Just finished up the series tonight (my wife and I were a bit behind on our Tivo) and, wow, I loved it. Really wish it had garnered more attention when it initially aired. Great characterisation all around with Michael Ealy and Oded Fer giving absolute standout performances.

I would totally recommend a blind buy to anyone who enjoys the subject matter.