What's new

Sled Storm (PS2) is out...where's that 1080i option? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
We got it in today. I had an associate put it in the display so I could look for the reported 1080i option. I certainly didn't see one. Of course, it may require that the unit is hooked up via component cables (which the PS2 demo doesn't use).

Still, I'm fairly certain it isn't there.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Big shocker. All these reports came from the /one/ PSM article with EA saying *zero* official about it from what I could tell.

Gotta love web journalism.

Sucks though. Would have been nice to see.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
To be fair, it certainly appeared that EA's German site was hyping 1080i ability. Why, I don't know.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Well, I'm not Brandon, but he's right: Sled Storm (EA Germany). It says "Musik- und Soundeffekte durch das DTS- Surround Soundsystem und der 1080I- Unterstützung für HDTVs." (Music and sound effects in DTS and 1080i support for HDTVs).
Not that they (HDTV TVs) actually exist in Germany or Europe for that matter, which points to a translation of the US marketing sheet...
-Christian

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Someone made a big booboo but the funny thing is only us nuts care about things like this. Everyone else won't even know or care about the false statement.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'll bring the game home tonight to test it on my system Just to make sure.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Yes, you'll need to be connected via component cables, of course, to use the feature. Let us know if it's there.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Yea...I've got it at home right now. The following settings are in the "Video" options:

Widescreen

Anamorphic

Normal

widescreen and animorphic appear to just be different aspect ratios...there doesn't appear to be any quality difference.

the game is OK...huge tracks.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Im dissapointed for ONE reason. It seems like all the Xbox games from EA Sports I get are PS2 ports anyway, so why not play it at the source in HD? I wonder if it's even possible with current technology to MAKE HD console games. You would think we would have seen ONE or heard of ONE by now?

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I think it's been pretty well established that HD gaming is for the next generation. Yes, it's technically possible in this generation but the trade offs are far too great for many companies to take a shot at it.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's still pretty early in the Xbox lifecycle, and as far as Sledstorm, that was built on the SSX engine - so to somehow get HD of out an engine that already had slowdown is a bit optimistic.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks