What's new

Slamball...the next XFL? (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I have caught a couple Slamball games on TV and thought they were mildly entertaining. I think slamball may end up having a longer shelf life then the XFL just due to the fact that there is not as much hype surrounding its introduction. No one ever said it would change the way basketball is played, placing unrealistic expectations to meet.

The players and coaches do give it an WWF/XFL fell at times but not to the same extremes. If I had to take a guess I could see it lasting 2-3 seasons max and then dying out.

J

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This remind anyone else of that weird trampoline game in the British series The Prisoner? (sorry for the oblique reference)

I caught some of this last week and mildly entertained. I think mostly because of the "trampoline novelty". I won't be betting on its survival.

~Steve

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Slamball rules
I've only seen it once but I'm super pumped to see more.
It will survive because it doesn't have the overinflated expectations the xfl has. I mean the cfl has been around forever and it does just as poorly as the xfl did, just no one expects any more from it :)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
As a made for TV show, it will last as long as ratings and sponsors support it. Give it another 5 months. Junk Sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks