Slamball...the next XFL?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Chin, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I have caught a couple Slamball games on TV and thought they were mildly entertaining. I think slamball may end up having a longer shelf life then the XFL just due to the fact that there is not as much hype surrounding its introduction. No one ever said it would change the way basketball is played, placing unrealistic expectations to meet.

The players and coaches do give it an WWF/XFL fell at times but not to the same extremes. If I had to take a guess I could see it lasting 2-3 seasons max and then dying out.

J

3. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

This remind anyone else of that weird trampoline game in the British series The Prisoner? (sorry for the oblique reference)

I caught some of this last week and mildly entertained. I think mostly because of the "trampoline novelty". I won't be betting on its survival.

~Steve

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

We've had the dumbing down of films in recent years and now sports. [​IMG]

5. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Slamball rules
    I've only seen it once but I'm super pumped to see more.
    It will survive because it doesn't have the overinflated expectations the xfl has. I mean the cfl has been around forever and it does just as poorly as the xfl did, just no one expects any more from it [​IMG]

6. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

As a made for TV show, it will last as long as ratings and sponsors support it. Give it another 5 months. Junk Sports.