Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Skyscraper Blu-ray Review
Skyscraper_feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Todd!

I'll now definitely be picking this one up as a blind buy. I like Dwayne Johnson and I was hoping to hear the types of things you wrote about the movie being fun. I'm more than willing to "turn off my brain" for a couple hours. Some people would tell you I go around really often with it turned off! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the review Todd. I'd pass on this during its theatrical run and gave little thought to whether I should buy it on 4K/UHD. However, your review has convinced me to purchase it once the price point becomes more reasonable to my budget.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Ok good. My son wants to watch it but was worried that the cussing in it may be a bit over the top.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So is this film appropriate for an 11 year old?

That's always a hornet's nest of a question, Johnny.

Not all 11-year-olds are created equal. :D

No matter what the film, some people will say you'd be crazy to show it to a youngster...and then the next person will chime in to say some horror/slasher movie was their favorite film at age 5 ("and I turned out all right, dammit!").

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Thanks for the review Todd. I'd pass on this during its theatrical run and gave little thought to whether I should buy it on 4K/UHD. However, your review has convinced me to purchase it once the price point becomes more reasonable to my budget.
The movie does contain the one allowable F-bomb for a PG-13.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Recently, I watched my 3-D Blu-ray of this film and I thought both the 3-D video and Atmos audio were excellent. By no means, this movie isn't great, but it's an entertaining film that I really liked and it kept my attention enough that I want to watch my 4K/Dolby Vision digital of it in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks