What's new

Skydiving -- First Time (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I found an old thread on this and tried to add to it but I guess it was to old. The system would not let me post.

Long story short.
I almost died about 10 months ago and I lost one of my best friends in the last couple of weeks. I have always talked about going but it was never something I followed through with and it could wait another day. Well now I feel like there is no time like the present but I am scared to death. I really want to go and after some research I have decided to go tandem. I figure that will keep me from freaking out to much and hopefully not only survive but enjoy the jump.

What should I be looking for in a skydiving school? Also if you have jumped tandem tell me how your experience was. Thanks.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Awesome. Highly recommend it for everyone at least once. I jumped tandem and had it filmed and photographed. I was scared and thrilled at the same time. For the first time, I don't think you have a choice... you must go tandem.

As far as finding a school, I live in Palm Beach so I just went to the school there... way out west.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ditto what Gary says, you will have to go tandem on your first jump. Not a skydiver, would try to find some kind of skydiving agency and see which jump clubs/airports are certified and or licensed. Might be interesting to do a google search of whatever skydive places you find that are near you...

Jay

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
My 22 year old son did a tandem jump with a bunch of friends earlier this year. They got a student price for the jump. I think it was $150. They all enjoyed it. Seems like a reasonably priced way to do a jump.

spicy14lingo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gerns
I've been once and messed up on a lot of things and in fact failed my class after the jump was wrong and well - I don't see how being able to walk away unharmed is "failing" but whatever :)
I can't wait to do it again

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
spicy14lingo ---What type of jump did you do? I originally planned on going tandem but there is a small part of me that wants to try the static line. The dropzone that is closes to me has static line class every Saturday but I am afraid I will be to scared to jump.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I went for the Static Line and ended up jumping twice. The first time everything went pretty well so I figured I had better do it again. The second time I had line twist that I was able to get out of the chute but I ended up missing the drop zone. I crashed pretty hard on the concrete and now have a sore butt, knee, ankle, and some road rash on my the backs of my hands. Even with all of that I am really glad I did it and may even do it again some day.

It is a really odd thing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks