What's new

Sky High (1 Viewer)

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
The guy that plays officer Farva is also in the movie -- go figure.

Its got to be at least remotely funny, with a cast like it has.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
For me, I'm excited about this one from Disney. Maybe the step in the right direction in regards to making good family film again. The concept has been out there, but not an issue for me, I think my son and daugher will like it. I'm there, I think it opens July 29 2005, can someone confirm this.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

You mean Sky High actually had some?:D

Thanks for that review JoSan. Really looking forward to this one. I just hope it's better than that other superhero film you loved.;)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
That's some great reviews and I'm glad the movie is coming up as a pretty good one. Taking the kids tomorrow 3 and 4 years old and my son loves to sit on my lap when I play the trailer.

derek

Second Unit
Definitely looking forward to taking the kids to this. Most superhero movies haven't been appropriate for their age (yet the marketing is aimed squarely at them ie Spiderman/Hulk/Batmnan/Fantastic4) with The Incredibles being mostly the exception. They also love the SpyKids movies so I have a feeling we'll all enjoy Sky High.

steve_jk

Agent
This doesn't rip-off Marvel; It rips off Jimmy Neutron!!!

They actually had an episode where everyone had super-powers and went to a floating school in the clouds.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Ok from the few reviews I've read I am sold. Going to see it tomorrow. And I don't care if it's similar to other ideas i've seen or heard as long as the execution is good.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor

And the fact that not many people could tell you who William Gibson or Philip K. Dick are does not mean that they haven't been ripped off or "homaged" in thouands of movies in the past 40 years.

Trust me, if they had actually "ripped off" another company, they would be sued faster than light travels. Just let the movie be the movie. Remember that the only bad publicity is no publicity.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I saw it once with one of my kids. Well, now that my other daughter is home from sleepaway camp. I took her to see it. We both enjoyed it. Even as a second viewing for myself. Just curious...maybe someone knows the answer to this. Is their a reason almost all of the music is from the 80's? Not that I mind.

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
Great Flick. Who cares whether it is original or not. I am 31 years old and I laughed my butt off. I would recommend this movie to anyone in any age group.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks