Skipping DVD problems.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terrell, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Anyone ever had trouble with a DVD player and the video from a DVD skipping? The video skips, usually over the last third of a film, and it is not the DVD. Sometimes I can watch an entire film and it won't skip. Sometimes, it will only skip 2 or 3 times. Sometimes, I can watch two thirds of the movie and it won't skip, then over the last third of the movie, it skips a number of times. The audio though, never skips or drops out when this occurs. Only the video freezes for a split second or skips.

I have an inexpensive Samsung player, and am waiting on the new Pioneer player to hit. The new one. Anyone have this kind of trouble, or a Samsung player that did this? And help would be appreciated.

2. Gary Kellerman

Gary Kellerman Stunt Coordinator

Judging from reviews on AUDIOREVIEW.COM on Samsung players, anything is possible. Pioneer has enjoyed a reputation of playing discs with very little if any trouble. When you get that new Pioneer and use it awhile, you will probably have the answer to your question.

3. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I've never had a problem like this on my Toshiba DVD player, but I know Samsung DVD players have a big problem with this kind of stuff happening. I've read this kind of stuff happening on prior reviews of Samsung DVD players before.

4. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Thanks for the info guys.[​IMG]