What's new

Skipping and lockup problems with my Lite On LVD2001 (1 Viewer)

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my LVD2001 for several months now and off and on I keep running into DVD's that just flat out won't play on it or have problems and I can't figure out what the problem is. These same dvd's play fine in our older non progressive scan players that are in our bedrooms but simply either lock up on the menu (Blue Gender disc2 from the box set haven't tried the other discs yet other than disc1 which does play fine) or the audio skips every 30 seconds or so (Inuyasha disc 5).

I also have an older onkyo receiver that one of the sets of inputs (composite) will not work. The dvd player problem added to the receiver problem is causing me to pull my hair out. Any ideas? This is very annoying as I keep running into DVD's that will play in other players but not my lite on (which is what I use in my HT) along with some discs that have an audio skipping problem makes me think it may be a problem with the receiver since I already have 1 set of inputs that won't work.

I don't think the lock up problem is due to a bad blue gender box set as this is the 3rd set I have had (sam goody starting to hate me). Am I just running into dvd's that don't like my player or is it a combo of a cheaper end dvd player along with a dying receiver?

edit: I should note that I am using the default software for the player I have not updated it yet.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
pop the top, get to the lazer and clean the lens with alcohol (isopropyl alcohol, not beer!) and Q-Tips. I had the same problem with my Toshiba SD-5700 and I just cleaned it manually last night and DVDs I knew used to freeze up no longer do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks