Ski School... 2 - What the hell Universal?!?!?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Sep 15, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Does it strike anyone as a tad bit strange that Universal has just announced a release for Ski School 2... FULL FRAME no less... when we still don't even have a DVD release for THE FIRST MOVIE!!!

Would it have been so complicated to offer this silly b-grade teen boobfest as a barebones double-feature disc, perhaps maybe even presented it in it's original aspect ratio even?

I know this isn't Casblanca, but really what's the point...

whatta bunch of maroons.

2. Charlie O.

Charlie O. Supporting Actor

Is it pan and scan or open matte?

3. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

Open matte but still ridiculous.

4. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

I can't believe they're releasing the crap that was Ski School 2, when the original is so much better! I've been waiting years for the original on DVD.

Such a quotable movie...it would be great to be able to jump to the best scenes--not to mention skip the mandatory skiing exhibitions, though they do provide good breaks to grab another beer. [​IMG]

5. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

It's possible that the rights to the two movies are held by different studios, so Universal might only have the rights to Ski School 2.

Does widescreen even matter for a title like this? I'm assuming it was made for direct-to-video or direct-to-cable, so I'm not sure widescreen would've even been a consideration when it was being made. (I really can't imagine this movie having a theatrical release in 1995 when it was made.)

6. Len Berkoski

Len Berkoski Stunt Coordinator

Ski School 1 is now up for pre-order on Amazon!

7. Len Berkoski

Len Berkoski Stunt Coordinator

Hi - Ski School comes out on Tuesday, August 28th, and I saw an alarming post on IMDB that the dvd is fullscreen, not widescreen. Does anybody have access to a copy and can confirm the DVD is widescreen (and hopefully anamorphic) as stated on amazon?