What's new

'Skeet Surfin' anyone? 'TOP SECRET' on dvd, when? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Does anyone know if Paramount is planning to release this utterly side splitting comedy to dvd anytime soon?
I saw it on Comedy Central last week after not seeing it in awhile and laughed my ass off! Now I have the urge to own it, but alas, it's not on dvd yet. :frowning:
One of Val Kilmer's best roles IMO.:laugh:

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I whole heartedly agree! Where is Top Secret!?? Come on Paramount, bring us a good special edition!

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Good call - this is a hilarious movie! I still remember the first time I saw this way, way back when...

Let's see it on DVD soon!

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
From DVDFile's Studio Day report:
Other big 2002 releases include the remake of Sabrina, Serpico, Sunset Boulevard, Bad News Bears, Better Off Daad, The Duellists, Top Secret (though no Police Squad TV episodes), Mahogany, Lady Sings The Blues, and a special edition of Fatal Attraction this spring.
I wish they all could be double barrel girls :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BINGO!! Thank you Brett! That's just what I wanted to hear in this thread!:emoji_thumbsup:
"You have no idea what it's like to not know who your parents are."
Nick...
"I think I can. When I was little my mother took me to one of those big department stores, but I got lost, they tried paging my mother but the PA system was on the fritz, I never saw my momma again."
:laugh::laugh::laugh:!!!

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Sigh.

It'll probably be barebones though.

I wish they'd at least give us a group commentary like on the Airplane! disc. If they could somehow get Val Kilmer involved, it'd be interesting. But I highly doubt he'd want anything to do with it.

Hillary: "Nick...what does your name mean?"

Nick: "Nothing. My father thought of it while shaving."

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Martin the manager coming to see Nick in his cell.
Martin: "Nick, I've tried everything: the embassy, the German government, the consulate, I even talked to the U.N. ambasador, it's no use, I just can't bring my wife to orgasm." :laugh:

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
"I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover whom she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French Underground."
"I know... it all sounds like some bad movie"
:laugh:

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Life is full of it's little mysteries. Each of us, in his own way, must learn to deal with adversity in a mature and sophisticated manner. ACHOO!! *Uhhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
"Get out now or your life will be as useless as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory."
Add me to the list who wants this. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,
Should I mention that the reason
Paramount is releasing Top Secret
is because of all of YOU.
We went to Martin a year ago, shortly after
the release of Airplane and made a plea
for his studio to release Top Secret.
Martin put the wheels in motion because of
this forum.
It should be out by year's end.

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
"I know a little German......he's sitting right over there....."

This movie is a cult favorite among my friends.....we grew up watching it and I must have seen it more than ten times. This would make a perfect gift for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks