What's new

Sixth Sense - Vista Series: new transfer or same as original? (plus Tron & Tombstone) (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I just read the Tombstone review on DVDFile, and the extras on disc 2 seem rather miniscule. 26 minutes of documentary (EPK's, no less), some text screens, storyboard, trailers, and that's it? A whole disc for THAT? Seems like, even with DTS and the commentary, they could've fit that stuff on the first disc just fine.

-Tom

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator
I did compare the two "Sixth Sense" discs. I'm a fan of the film, and the extra supplements would have been enough for me to buy, along with the DTS track.

But there was a noticeable improvement in artifacting... the first disc had a good bit of it, to the point of distraction for me (pixel break-up in black, for instance). While some is still noticeable, it's not as bad.

I can't say whether or not this is a "new" transfer... the old one had a print flaw here and there and this one does too. But I guess in some ways it is a new transfer since it has more room allocated on the disc.

Equipment, by the way, is a Mits 55" widescreen from progressive scan DVD.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Is it me or have they gone mental with the LFE in Tron?
It's not just you - I thought my house was going to collapse! It's a very loud mix overall; I had to keep the volume substantially lower than normal. Still, the bass was out of control; even when I turned the track down to the point where I could barely hear dialogue, the mix STILL tried to crack my sub. (Yeah, I know I could adjust the volume of the sub alone, but that's not my point.)

Those with high-end subs will probably be able to handle it fine. My Sony SAW-M40 isn't that great, unfortunately, so it was popping and fixing to burst!

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
'Check out this site for an explanation of EE (edge enhancement)
http://home.t-online.de/home/bjoern...tml/Page_01.htm '
Andrew- a word of warning- your life/movie viewing/quest for perfection in DVD will never be the same after reading this. It is an excellent article and the author, IMO and I am sure many others, is the man when it comes to video quality and such but it will mess you up. Not unlike being unplugged from the matrix.....
Marc_E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks