Sixth Sense Vista Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rolando, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, anyone know if anything is missing from this release that was in the original?

I know it is a 2 disk and has DTS, I just want to know if any features did not make it to the second release.

Thanks!

2. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

M. Night's horror film from when he was little is missing, as is a cast featurette. They clearly could have fit it on the new release, but they didn't. [​IMG]

4. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

that sucks... no wait, it REALLY SUCKS! Now I have to keep both releases to have it all? That is stupid. I know most people will say well don't get new one or don't keep old one for just those 2 little things. But why should I not have them? How hard would it have been for them too.. . never mind. Who cares right? Is it going to change anything what I think?
    Sure petition for a THIRD release with everything![​IMG]
    At least I got to vent I guess...

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I agree with you Rolando. There is no reason they couldn't have included those extras along with everything else. Space was not an issue and I doubt there is a good reason. Little things like that tick me off, as well. [​IMG]

6. Thomas Agermose

Thomas Agermose Stunt Coordinator

Thomas Agermose Jensen
    It's all about money. Basically the industry wants you to buy the same product over and over again.

They know fans will want to have everything.

Same deal with Almost Famous. The new "bootleg" edition was

missing the music video with Stillwater, so you have to hang on to the old disc (and the guy who was gonna buy your

old used one will now go and buy the new edition instead and they make more money).

Another good example is the upcoming Highlander Immortal edition. It doesn't have any of the extras of the old Highlander disc (or LD for that sake) except the audio commentary.

7. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

While I agree in the Highlander case, I think keeping the old Sixth Sense because of a promo featurette which features information covered far better in the new documentary and M. Night's really, REALLY bad and stupid and not even worth watching once first film is kind of ridiculous. I mean, you will NEVER watch that first film again. Ugh. The one on Unbreakable was horrid too.

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

The fact that it was so bad was the whole appeal of the film! [​IMG]