What's new

Six Feet Under? (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I haven't heard anything on this but I would love it and I would buy it. I already have Sopranos Seas. 1 & Seas. 2. 6FU is my next favorite show right now so I'd buy a Seas. 1 box set. For now I have to live with the Seas. 1 Tape set I made. Trimming each show to just the actual length, not the full hour and splitting Ep. 7 in half, I have the whole season on 2 tapes.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If HBO follows its past practice with series like The Sopranos and Sex and the City, they'll release season 1 of 6FU shortly before season 3 airs. That would make it next year.

M.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Count me in for this box set too. I don't know why they wait so long to release them.

I suppose the Sporanos 4th season will begin on HBO before Season 3 comes out on DVD. I would assume that people who don't have HBO (get it!) might want to catch up on the series on DVDs before signing up with HBO. Luckily for me, I got HBO about 6 months ago and Season 3 just started in reruns 2 weeks ago!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yeah, you would think now would be a great time for 6FU Seas 1. Season 2 just started and the show is hot. People who are just now getting into it would run out and snatch up Seas. 1 so they could get caught up.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I agree with John Co, Why not release season one now? They've already re-run the entire first season and the show is at somewhat of a peak.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Maybe because they like to encourage people to sign up for HBO?
Well, thats my point. If Six Feet Under was my motivation for signing up, why would I do it if I missed the entire first season? If it was out and people could get caught up, they'd be more likely to join now.

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
Any update on Season 1 of Six Feet Under? When will it see DVD? I am quite eager to see the show - I've never seen one episode. How about season 3 of the Sopranos? Any updates? Thanks!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I do think HBO tends to be slow by a season in releasing DVD. I was lucky enough to tape Six Feet Under during a marathon of season 1, so I was lucky enough to be caught up by the third episode of season 2.

Right now we're taping Sex in the City season 4 on Wednesday nights, and will tape season 5 so that we can watch them after we get the season 3 DVD and get caught up there too. I do wish the DVDs came sooner, but I'm very happy to have HBO releasing the DVDs during the original run of the show at all.

I plan to buy one SFU for myself, and one for my mother. I want to share this show with people who will never subscribe to HBO.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Maybe because they like to encourage people to sign up for HBO?
HBO is putting subscriber rebate coupons on the soundtrack CD for Six Feet Under. This seems like a good idea for the (eventual) DVDs as well... Here's hoping it's sooner than later, as I would run out and pick it up immediately.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd pick it up today if it were out. right now I am re-watching season one, in order. Once I finish that I will start watching season two and by the time I finish my first tape of season two, my second tape will be done with the rest of the episodes for season two. I love having them on tape and it would be even better to have DVD's, of course.

On Sopranos I heard that they were going to release season 3 DVD's in August. So someone who was never into it could buy seasons 1 & 2 now, watch them. Watch season 3 in August and be ready for season 4 in late Sept. I saw this in a forum at SopranoLand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks