Six Feet Under?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Bell, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Scott Bell

Scott Bell Stunt Coordinator

Has any one heard when Six Feet Under will be released?

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I haven't heard anything on this but I would love it and I would buy it. I already have Sopranos Seas. 1 & Seas. 2. 6FU is my next favorite show right now so I'd buy a Seas. 1 box set. For now I have to live with the Seas. 1 Tape set I made. Trimming each show to just the actual length, not the full hour and splitting Ep. 7 in half, I have the whole season on 2 tapes.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

If HBO follows its past practice with series like The Sopranos and Sex and the City, they'll release season 1 of 6FU shortly before season 3 airs. That would make it next year.

M.

4. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Count me in for this box set too. I don't know why they wait so long to release them.

I suppose the Sporanos 4th season will begin on HBO before Season 3 comes out on DVD. I would assume that people who don't have HBO (get it!) might want to catch up on the series on DVDs before signing up with HBO. Luckily for me, I got HBO about 6 months ago and Season 3 just started in reruns 2 weeks ago!

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Yeah, you would think now would be a great time for 6FU Seas 1. Season 2 just started and the show is hot. People who are just now getting into it would run out and snatch up Seas. 1 so they could get caught up.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

7. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

I agree with John Co, Why not release season one now? They've already re-run the entire first season and the show is at somewhat of a peak.

8. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

9. Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson Stunt Coordinator

Greg R
    Any update on Season 1 of Six Feet Under? When will it see DVD? I am quite eager to see the show - I've never seen one episode. How about season 3 of the Sopranos? Any updates? Thanks!

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I do think HBO tends to be slow by a season in releasing DVD. I was lucky enough to tape Six Feet Under during a marathon of season 1, so I was lucky enough to be caught up by the third episode of season 2.

Right now we're taping Sex in the City season 4 on Wednesday nights, and will tape season 5 so that we can watch them after we get the season 3 DVD and get caught up there too. I do wish the DVDs came sooner, but I'm very happy to have HBO releasing the DVDs during the original run of the show at all.

I plan to buy one SFU for myself, and one for my mother. I want to share this show with people who will never subscribe to HBO.

11. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

12. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I'd pick it up today if it were out. right now I am re-watching season one, in order. Once I finish that I will start watching season two and by the time I finish my first tape of season two, my second tape will be done with the rest of the episodes for season two. I love having them on tape and it would be even better to have DVD's, of course.

On Sopranos I heard that they were going to release season 3 DVD's in August. So someone who was never into it could buy seasons 1 & 2 now, watch them. Watch season 3 in August and be ready for season 4 in late Sept. I saw this in a forum at SopranoLand.