Six Feet Under Seasons 1-3 packaging change?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin Porter, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I seem to remember when each season initially came out (insert witty David reference here) they were packaged in regular digipaks which were inside hard boxes. Now I go out to the local store and it seems all there is is the naked digipak. After reading a couple of reviews over at DVDTown.com I seem to be right. So did HBO yank the hard boxes and opt to just put out (insert witty Brenda reference here) the digipaks naked or am I going stark raving mad? (Not saying it can't be both)

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Kevin, Season 3 is pretty much the same as season two. A digipack inside of a clamshell style box that opens top to bottom.

3. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

Well, not so much Season 3 but all seasons seem to have changed out in the local stores. Just the foldout without the box it's supposed to be in.

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

That's ridiculous. Be careful about where you buy it then. I've noticed many stores, at least in the NY area, that have the original box.

5. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

All the stores I shop still have the box. My only complaint is they haven't changed the box for season 1 to match the better smaller boxes of season 2 and 3.

--Ian