What's new

Six Feet Under Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
And especially poignant given the opening scene at the table and after dinner. While everyone is talking and ignoring the diabetic uncle, he slips off to do what he wants, even though he knows it will probably kill him. The rest of the family hasn't a clue. It's a running theme of the show -- the tension between doing as you please and doing what others expect of you.

M.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i wonder what's gonna happen with dave and keith adopting not one ... but possibly two children. my guess is that the one they already met will be the cool one ... while the other is a handful.

billy's gonna blow a gasket ... for sure ...

i hope ruth moves on. not so much because it's mean thing to do, but for her own sanity. she feels trapped and tricked into this marriage and she holds no real love for george any longer. she's constantly mean to the poor guy. if they broke up it would be the best for both of them.

nice to see nate and brenda teach their daughter about her biological mom. kinda reminds me of when i found out i was adopted. :b

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have always found Ruth to be a some what annoying character, but this year with all of her whining and the “woe is me” attitude she has evolved into perhaps the most annoying character to ever appear on television.

God it would be a great relief if she would just expire.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I thought this episode was great and the parallel between Claire and Ruth both trying to sever ties with their problem significant others. Loved when Ruth told Claire to get the hell out of here and get a job. Lol.

Brett_H

Second Unit

Somewhere in Hell, Livia Soprano is waiting to battle this woman for most annoying mother.

-Brett.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
odd...i don't find ruth annoying at all. i mean, check out her life post-husband. her kids don't associate/understand her at all, she has no love life (wasn't arthur her only other potential mate?), no social life ... not really much of anything.

of course she's gonna be bitter.

tie that to her old-school ways and i think that's the problem.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

Well, off the top of my head, there was the Russian florist and 'Stumpy' Pepys - [who, if I recall correctly, she cheated on her then living hubby with].

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
You guys think that the scene jumping is getting annoying?

It just seems as though they jump to fast from one scene to another...

Joe:C

Second Unit
Well, I guess Ruth finally got what was coming to her. I'm glad George finally decided he's had enough. I'm not sure if George figured out what was going on by himself or his daughter told him. What is everyone else's opinion about that?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Maggie didn't have anything definitive to tell George. But her questions forced him to face up to something that, at some level, he'd already sensed.

I loved Clair's musical number, and it's always great to see Bettina. It's that kind of comic element that's been missing from the last few episodes, and the episodes are always stronger when that's part of the mix.

M.

todd stone

Screenwriter
great episode but with all of the new additions *the kids with david and keith, claires new job and co-workers*, it doesn't seem like the series will wrap up well.

Thoughts?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm very worried about this. I thought the season started strong, but the last two episodes seem to have taken a step back. I've pretty much accepted the fact that the series will probably end with a "just another episode" finale, potentially on a "hopeful" note. Which would be extremely disappointing, given what this series is all about.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
not a bad ep.

two scenes that caught my attention; between george and ruth (at the end), ruth and claire (where they sort of reconcilled).

i thought george's "summation" of what was going on was great ... i really felt bad for him (and ruth actually). but hey ... she got what she wanted.

i dunno about the whole kid thing ... kinda annoys me.

i don't see claire sticking with this particular temp job ... she'll go crazy. claire in panty hose ... who woulda thunk it?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have really enjoyed this season so far. I find the Nate and George's daughter line to be very interesting although I hope he stays with Brenda.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Brenda was obviously everything Nate wanted as a single man but having Maya has changed his priorities and he wants a stable mother for his daughter and that's why he's looking to Maggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks