Six Feet Under Season 2...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Louis_P, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Louis_P

Louis_P Stunt Coordinator

I just got this in the mail today.I'm dissapointed that they didn't go with the same box size as season 1.This one is the same size as the Sopranos/Oz sets.The packagaing is exactly like season 1 the way it opens.Too bad it won't match in hight with the 1st season.

2. Jay Gunn

Jay Gunn Stunt Coordinator

Arggh! I was hoping they wouldn't do that. I always hated that ridiculously oversized box that the first season was in. I guess now the best way to display them would be to just put the boxes aside and shelve the disc folders.

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Yeah, I guess that's true.

That really makes me mad. They oversized them in the first place... now they're changing it for the 2nd season.

grrrrr.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Dammit! It's not the big of a deal, but it still makes me mad. I didn't really like the oversized S1 box, but I at least hoped for some uniformity between seasons.

5. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

why is it studios never seem to care about this stuff?

FOX is VERY consistant with their packaging. HBO seemed to be trying to make up for the absurd overpricing of their sets by at least making the stuff fit together... but now it's like, I spend 100 bucks, and can't display the boxes together because they don't fit. I'll have to remove the inside dvd digipack things and display those...

They're about the size of my twin peaks set...

6. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I got it today and was stupefied by the smaller box size (tho if you ask me the original was too big to begin with) and the horrible price (85 bucks canadian). Also I can't understand their choice of cover art, why didn't they use that great Season Two promo poster of all the main characters looking into the coffin? I just don't get HBO at all anymore.