Six Feet Under - HBO gets the message about a complete series set for once

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jay_B!, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

after charging regular retail for Sex And The City's Complete Series box set (which admittedly, you could find for over $100 off the regular retail price almost everywhere), HBO actually got the point that a "complete series" box set should cost less than buying the sets seperately. If you buy all five seasons at list, it'll set you back $499.99, the retail for this sucker will be $279.99, which means you should be able to purchase the complete series for under $200 when it comes out.

Nice to see that HBO gets the point finally, complete series box sets are usually meant to be a way that fans who waited and waited get a chance to get the whole series for a good price, and they are doing the same for SFU that Fox did for Buffy.

2. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Second Unit

Also a good way for the studio to move overstock inventory.

If you're correct with your price guess at less than $40 per season, I'd at least think about it. But no way would I go much more than that when you can get a million other sets that have more runtime and are at least as enjoyable for

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

where can you get the buffy complete collection? I didn't know it was available.

4. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

it's out of print now but some places still have copies of it. FYE at the mall about five minutes from me still has one.

5. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor Stunt Coordinator

I'm really looking forward to this. I wonder what this new Burial box will look like. And I wonder if all the original boxes will come with it, like they did with Friends.
    -James