What's new

Six Feet Under Full Specs - Anamorphic Widescreen! (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
HBO, TV-MA, $99.92, 02.04.03
Features: Anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1), DD 5.1, DD 2.0 Surround, subtitles
Supplements: 2 audio commentary tracks by series creator, writer/director Alan Ball; Deleted scene from pilot episode with optional commentary; 20min behind-the-scenes featurette including interviews with cast & crew; 15min featurette on the creation of the opening titles; 2 music tracks, including the never-before-released "Kid Loco" title remix; episodic recaps and previews; cast & crew bios; DVD-ROM weblinks; more.
Thanks to www.davisdvd.com
I'm glad HBO gave us the widescreen versions. Not that I wouldn't have bought the set otherwise, but now I'm really looking forward to it. :) 5.1 addition was also something I wasn't expecting.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Was this show formatted for WS it has been never shown that way? I Wonder if OZ has always been 4x3?

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Is OZ always fullscreen too? I don't watch the show on HBO, only on DVD. How many seasons are they up to now? Is the show still running?

Dean

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Right now, Oz is in a repeat cycle. The (supposed) last season begins in early January.

As far as I know, it’s always been in 4:3. I have no information as to the aspect ratio for the last season. I’d speculate that it would not make sense to change at this point.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info, Mark and Steve.

Since Six Feet Under has been in a repeat cycle since I’ve returned to the States and subsequently upgraded to HD, I’ve not even bothered to check out the repeats on HD.

Sort of disappointing, really that I can’t go back and see everything again in 16:9.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks