Six Feet Under - Fifth Season Will Be last

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Matt Stone, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

From IMDB:

HBO is planning to bury its ensemble drama Six Feet Under, which stars Peter Krause, Frances Conroy, and Rachel Griffiths, after the end of the upcoming fifth season, it said on Friday. In a statement, series creator and exec producer Alan Ball said, "Working on Six Feet Under has been enormously fulfilling creatively, but if the show is about anything, it's about the fact that everything comes to an end." Production on the 12-episode fifth season is scheduled to start on Nov. 15; however, a premiere date had not yet been announced.

2. Derek Estes

Derek Estes Stunt Coordinator

I hope they change their mind. I thought that the Sopranos as only going to have 4 seasons, but they keep extending it. But, I understand, they don't want the show to become cheap. I'll save money, by not subscribing to HBO.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'd like to show to continue, but it's ending won't make my cancel my HBO subscription. I have full faith that they'll continue providing good TV content (can't wait until the new season of Carnivale!).

4. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I'm glad its ending. Not because I hate the show or it's going bad - its just that I believe a TV show should have some sort of time frame to complete it's arc in and the end. Otherwise you'll have a mess like the Sopranos, which was supposed to end in the fourth season.

5. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I'm glad Alan Ball decided to do one last season.

At least HBO isn't continuing the show past it's prime. It was one of the best shows in history for 2 years, then slightly dipped in quality (while remaining very good) in the last 2. One more season is fine with me. Thankfully, Alan Ball didn't leave like he said he would.

6. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I just hope they do some really good stuff with it and come to some good kind of conclusion. Nate fully accepting his role in the business and happy with it would be one point.

But I just love watching these people and also wouldn't mind at all if it did get extended. There is still a lot they could do.