What's new

Six Feet Under - February 4th (1 Viewer)

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
According to DvdFile:
...From HBO Home Video, the long-awaited debut of Six Feet Under: the Complete First Season. This four-disc set is presented in 4:3 full screen and 2.0 surround, with extras including audio commentary on episodes 1 and 13, a deleted scene, a featurette on the making of the opening sequence, cast and crew interviews, and episode synopses. Retail is $99.95 and street date February 4th.
:D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Love this series. Price is too high for 13 episodes, 2.0 surround and no widescreen. 24 was half that for 2 dozen episodes + widescreen. Oh well. Must....add.....to.....collection.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Great to see it hit dvd, it's my favourite show by far... but $99.95? I hope thats a typo because that's just ridiculous, it's dearer than the LOTR:FOTR gift set!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention, that I'm pretty sure it's filmed 16:9.

The original trailers for season 2 used scenes from season1 in widescreen, and they clearly showed more room on the sides compared to the 4:3 episodes I had on tape.

I'm hoping they don't release the show the way it's being said so far...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well SFU is not being presented Widescreen onHBO so this is no surprise. The Price is kinda a surprise. I Think HBO Is thinking SFU rates Sopranos Pricing. While I think SFU is a helluva series I'm still thinking it rates OZ Pricing Roughly $64.95 retail so discounted it's around $49. I liked te 1st few seasons of OZ before it went a bit around the bend (Aging drugs and all) but I Passed on it on Disc because I was concerned the Downer nature of the show would hinder it's rewatchability, I've seen the 1st seasona couple of times and I really feel no need to see it again. Sopranos on the other hand I can watch over and over. I feel SFU is kinda in the same league as OZ while maybe not quite that bad. The series has it's down moments buy overall celebrates life to an extent, it's rewatchability is higher, but only at a certain pricepoint and $99 is too high. I kinda wish Box set prices would settle on an average end that's lower. Look at the Shield 13 eps $59.95 retail which means it'll street around $39. Now that's a perfect Price point. I Agree I'll have to more selective in the future, especially since I have to Finish MASH,TNG,DS9,B5,UFO, All in the Family and I might pick up Sanford & Son too !

Seth_S

Second Unit

That's the same MSRP of "The Sopranos" season box sets (also 13 episodes on 4 discs), which you can normally pickup for $60-$65 when they first street. Thus, I'm sure the same discounts will be applied to SFU.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Just read at DVDFile that the entire 22 episode 1st season of NYPD Blue will be a $59.95 retail, given that Pricepoint it makes 6FU's 13 episodes at $100 no bargain at all.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I love Six Feet Under so much that I'll be buying it despite it's ridiculous price. What I won't be doing is buying 2 extra copies to give as Christmas and Birthday presents. I was really hoping to share SFU.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I Just read at DVDFile that the entire 22 episode 1st season of NYPD Blue will be a $59.95 retail, given that Pricepoint it makes 6FU's 13 episodes at $100 no bargain at all.
I suspect the pricing reflects the fact that the Blue episodes have been extensively syndicated on various channels (ABC, CBS, Court TV); the price point has to be low to persuade people to buy something that's been widely available on TV for many years now. 6FU, by contrast, has only been run on HBO. As an asset, it's less "depleted".
M.

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
It's a shame they're not releasing it in 16:9. THe cinematographer of the show says in the current issue of American Cinematographer that the show may be shot 4:3, but is protected for 16:9.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Funny, but Video Business is saying Feb. 11th for this title!
No "tiebreaker", as the info is still not listed among Warner's DVD release press materials, or anywhere at HBO.com! They're both silent on this so far! :frowning:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping they would use that artwork. It's the early promotional art used for the show, and I thought it looked great. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks