What's new

Six Feet Under - 6/1/03 - Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I've been ignoring this thread for a week. We finally got a chance to watch the show last nite.

After going through the other responses to this show and the season itself, i can see a lot of different opinions of this season compared to the others.

First of all, I really disliked the 2nd season. Every week there seemed to be a some terrible tragedy or some hyped up turmoil between the characters. Every dilemma that came up seemed so forced and unbelievable to me. The show gave me a freaking headache every Sunday night.

I started watching the 3rd season with much skepticism.

This season I really enjoyed. I laughed alot more then I did when watching season 2. The story lines were more relaxed. I also would enjoy the resurgence of the funeral home and its deaths and the interaction with those families as a center-point of the show or included more often.

One thing i would like to see is that sub plot characters, just don't disappear (what i mean by that is, being a main focus of a sub plot and then have only minimal screen time after that)like Arthur did with the season finale. I would of liked to see Kathy Bates character show up for the wedding

I now look forward to season 4!!

Paul

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I only finally saw this last night. Had taped the entire season during it's run and started watching a couple weeks ago.

1. Funeral Business - I agree they need to keep this side of things in the stories more. I like how in earlier seasons different characters would have interactions with the dead, that pertained to things they were going through. Also, in this season, it seemed a lot of the teaser deaths, the funerals did not wind up at Fisher & Diaz.

2. Rico - He's always been one of my favorite characters. they did a little bit of good stuff with him this year. Doing the intakes being hard for him as he never had to deal with the relatives to such an extent before. But they need to straighten out his family life and get him back to the dedicated, highly-talented restorer, not the whining husband. When he was talking with David about being made to feel like not being what you want, I was like "liar", when he said no. He felt before like his manhood had been stomped on by his wife on many occassions. Also, the episode where the guy killed people and he didn't want to do the funeral. He said something about the guy's family should have known, etc., and Nate said something about you never really know a person. I was thinking, yeah, like your cousin Ramone, you never thought he was bi.

3. Arthur - I don't mind his character being there so much, but they had so little of him interning. We saw much more of him eating with Ruth or spending time with Ruth.

4. Someone mentioned about Bettina just dropping out of the picture. She did say she was going away for awhile, Africa, IIRC.

5. I think people may be on the right track with one of these 2 scenarios. Either Arthur wigging out or George taking Ruth for a lot of money.

I would have prefered the end to have seen Nate get cleaned up, find out how/why Lisa died, have the family at her funeral and then go to white with her epitaph.

Can't wait for Season 4!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks