Six Feet Under - 5/19/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, May 20, 2002.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

wow, what am amazing episode.

i suspect most people are going to watch it in the next couple of days since they bypassed it to watch x-files, so i don't want to go into too much detail.

anyway, don't miss it...one of the best ones. lots of exciting developments....

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Rico/Nate Sr. scene were nice, as were the scenes with Ruth and Lisa and Mya. The blow-up between Nate and Brenda was pretty rough (Nate even used the C-word on Brenda). I'm re-watching this episode after work. Billy and Claire still creep me out. Funny how Rico gets an inheritance.

Did they mention how Kroners became bankrupt?

3. Jeff Behlendorf

No they didn't go into why Kroners went bankrupt but I would suspect in keeping with the times it will turn out that Mitzi, in her haste to buy up all the competition, did not do full checks and one of the newly acquired outfits will be one where the bodies have been piling up for years. Rather than face all the possible lawsuits she decided to bail.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i agree patrick.

i really liked the scenes with rico and nate sr. it was kind of neat to show how rico got his start. i was crackin' up at the scene when rico first sees his restored father - the expression on his face was great.

the blowout between nate and brenda was intense. my girlfriend and i were both going "whoa" the whole time. i really liked the part where he tossed the ring at her. i'm totally curious as to how that will turn out...i hope he drops her like a bad habbit, but she's such an integral part of the show now - you just know they'll have to keep her around.

and what is up with keith? that guy needs to take some anger management classes. beating the crap out of that guy was bizarre.

looks like claire's counselor is out of the scene.

i still can't figure out if billy is after claire or not. or if he's just being his usual trippy self.

they didn't mention how kroner's became bankrupt.

it'll be an interesting series finale. looks like rico is going for the partner angle again...and now that he's got an extra 150K in his pocket, perhaps he can buy his way in?

if the season finale is even close to this one i'll be happy and even more hooked for round three...

5. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    Spectacular episode.

Ever notice how the flashback scenes are always great?

I love that they used two hand-cams for the Nate/Brenda blow up. Just let the actors roll with the rage. One long take. Great performances.

I think Claire has feelings for her ex-counsellor and vice versa. We may not have heard the last of him. And throw Billy into that equation.

Where was the Rabbi?

Keith is a mess, and it looks like he unloads on David in the finale. Figures...anyone that controlles has to vent somewhere.

Why do we have to wait two weeks???!!

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

They sure aren't short on twists & turns in this series. A lot of stuff going on in this episode, although much of it was not explained fully yet, except for Nate & Brenda's relationship.
    Funniest moments:
    -When Claire is leaving the tour of the art college & finds another Hearse identical to hers but a different color parked next to her. [​IMG]
    -When the social worker is interviewing David & Keith about obtaining custody of the girl, they had made an effort to remove "gay-appearing" stuff from their apartment. Like "The Wiz" video, LOL. The whole time, I thought this guy was looking at them with a prejudiced eye. Then, as he leaves, he asks where they got the table in the living room. He said how he loved the store & "could just live there". After the man walks out the door, the girl says: "Wow was he gay" & Keith & David laugh.
    -Dan

7. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Great episode. Brenda is a real twist - I thought she almost had Nate going.

I think Brenda has passed her brother, he's going up and she's going down. Her inability to see anything good in anything ("Can't we just celebrate?" "Whoopie") says as much about her as her sexual escapades. I don't think she finds pleasures in those sex episodes, just mindless relief. I think if Nate does not take her back, she may go down hard.

8. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

9. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

10. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

11. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I just watched the rebroadcast. I love the way some of the shots are done - particularly Ruth moving between the two movie theaters and Nate and Brenda in the elevator.

12. Gary Kellerman

Gary Kellerman Stunt Coordinator

It is true that Keith was exonerated from the shooting. I believe he is suffering from post traumatic events related to the shooting just the same and the actions that have occurred from his sister. Before these events, he appeared to be a very level headed police officer.

13. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

Excellent episode.

I agree the flashback scenes are usually great. I still don't appreciate the fact that David and Nate don't see Federico as part of the family and refused to make him a partner even though he was very close to their dad. He was practically his son and it seems like they both respected and loved one another.

Now that Rico has money and he wants to be a partner I do hope they accept him. The guy deserves it.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This episode was so good that I watched it again after work yesterday.

It does surprise me that Billy is turning the corner on his self-centered-ness. I do see Billy and Claire hooking up next season when she's in college.

The scenes between Rico and Mr. Fisher were just plain great, the big smile on Rico's face says it all as to his feelings towards Mr. Fisher. I'd like to go back to the early season 1 episode and watch Rico's reaction to Mr. Fisher's death, basically his second father to die on him.

What the hell did Vanessa make for the old lady who left them the huge chunk of change? It must have been tasty!

Loved Nikolai's reaction when Ruth breaks up with him: "okay". Bwah-hahaha!

15. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i feel so bad for ruth. all she wants is some love and affection. she can't get it from her children, she can't get it from nikoli - but hopefully with a grand-daughter (maya?) in the picture she'll finally have some happiness.

i also thought the girls bicycle on the lawn was a nice touch. also the part where claire leaves her counselor a picture, but then turns it around so no one else would see it - that is so EXACTLY what a teenager would do.

so is billy going to make a play for claire or what? he seems so level headed now...i just don't know if i can trust him yet. do you folks think it's just "an act"?

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's probably the medication.

17. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

"What the hell did Vanessa make for the old lady who left them the huge chunk of change? It must have been tasty!"

Puerto Rican dish named "pasteles" I believe. They are made of corn with meat inside. Then she went on to say that she would have made her "alcapurrias" if she knew (another Puerto Rican dish).

18. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson

19. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

yeah...i agree.

keith definitely had a right to protect himself, but i think he'll get in trouble for whaling on that guy "excessively" once he was "in control" of that dude.

or maybe he'll be exonerated again...

20. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer