What's new

Six Feet Under 5-18-03 (1 Viewer)

Was anyone else less than thrilled with this week's episode?

It seemed to me like they were just treading water until the finale... And I bet they make us wait until next February to find out what really happened to Lisa.

Here are my observations..

Claire's little problem seems so "Daytime Soap Opera"

What was Nate thinking about with that psycho pipe tatoo girl?

Why haven't we seen any walking dead in a while?

And one last thing.... When is Rico gonna whack that sister-in-law? I keep waiting for him to have one of those moments of utter rage, kill her, then we see it didn't actually happen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You just liked the tattoos!

Brenda response (to Claire's request for a ride to the clinic) was classic Brenda:

"Oh sure."

Claire didn't really have a lot of angst going on with her decision to end her pregnancy (I mean the kind of angst that paralyzes you). I guess her talk with Ruth earlier got her to move with this course of action over carrying the baby to term.

I couldn't believe how fast Ruth is falling for the new guy (Cromwell). His marital past was kind of humorous and sad.

I'm waiting for a 6FU-Soprano crossover where Rico puts a hit on his sister-in-law.

Nate is in quicksand and sinking deeper and deeper. His little tryst (and the comedy from his need for sex, and his need to keep that woman quite during sex, so she wouldn't wake up his daughter, was pretty humorous).

Did David got some serious face time or what in this episode. The meltdown scene between Keith and David made me forget they were just acting, as I got caught up in the characters at their relationship crossroads.

aldamon

Second Unit
Here are my observations..

Claire's little problem seems so "Daytime Soap Opera"

What was Nate thinking about with that psycho pipe tatoo girl?

Why haven't we seen any walking dead in a while?

And one last thing.... When is Rico gonna whack that sister-in-law? I keep waiting for him to have one of those moments of utter rage, kill her, then we see it didn't actually happen.
1.) Daytime Soap Opera? Claire went through with it! In a Soap, Claire's hullicinations would have convinced her not to go through with it. Then the baby would have turned out to be Olivier's!

2.) Psycho tatoo girl was HOT HOT HOT and Nate's a mess. Whoops I guess?

3.) Don't know.

4.) I don't think Rico is gonna whack his sister-in-law. It was funny though. While everyone else was getting some action, poor Rico was on the couch watching the tube. LOL. I half expected to see Rico in bed with the sister-in-law given the preceeding scenes.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah after a rebound the previous weeks it seems we're back to the character flip flopping in and out of characterizations. Ruth will vary this year between a free spirit and the uptight person we've seen, Nate between the carefree wreckless individual and his new persona. Of all the characters David's figured the best arc. Still this year has been a dissapointment

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, episode over all...nothing to write home about...

i thought for sure that nate's little tryst with that chick was gonna be a false alarm. then when he laid into her while she was crying...that was buh-rutal! what was that guy thinking?

glad to see david kick keith to the curb...although the previews look like keith is gonna give it the ol' varsity try one more time.

there is no way claire would have kept the baby. that's just not her...so it didn't surprise me at all how quickly and easily (emotionally speaking) she terminated the pregnancy.

looks like they may have cut russel out of the picture pretty easily.

not enough screen time for arthur...dang nabbit!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Let's have a betting pool on when the first post appears next Sunday saying, "What happened to Six Feet Under?! I was looking forward to the season finale, and all I got was some movie about a house in Umbria!!! :angry: "

I say between midnight and 1am EDT on Monday morning (5/26).

M.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
i thought for sure that nate's little tryst with that chick was gonna be a false alarm. then when he laid into her while she was crying...that was buh-rutal!
That was pretty harsh. That chick needs a fucking shrink.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm not even going to presume to think what might happen on the final episode after seeing the preview. sheesh.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
I'm not even going to presume to think what might happen on the final episode after seeing the preview. sheesh.
yep. hbo is *so good* at misleading previews it's not even funny. :rolleyes:i wouldn't even watch them, but my girlfriend likes to.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Does anyone still think the entire season has been in Nate's head on the operating table? Every week, it gets harder to imagine a complete "reset".

M.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
if they do that michael, i'll be very annoyed. i would sum that to nothing more then a cheap shot at the audience.

i can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to try to pull that... ;)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm in the group who has believed from the beginning that the events of this season are real. But there are a few die-hard hopefuls. :)

M.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
they BETTER tell us what happened to lisa. i did like how nate ran through the three most likely scenarios (tryst, murder, suicide)...that was kinda interesting.

also, if we're led to believe the previews, it shows lisa showin' up again...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks