What's new

Six Feet Under 5-11-03 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well I really enjoyed this episode.

I will not sum it all up but I think you all are right about one thing...

In the preview for the last two episodes you definately have a quick glimpse of Nate walking and seeing a bright light and looking surprised. Just like at the beginning of the season when the coffin is open.

We will know soon enough.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah where he's jogging on the road, It's gonna be an interesting finale to see if it does pan out the way alot of us thinks it might

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show does depress the hell out of me, maybe that's a sign of good writing, or it's just the road the show has to go.

Not crazy about Claire's new development, seems so cliched, but in light of her heart-to-heart talk with Ruth last episode, it's even more scary for Claire. Her bit with Olivier was pretty fun stuff, though.

Nate is totally on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Glad to see David and Claire rally around Nate.

Brenda and Billy (and their mom) are just so damn dysfunctional.

Anyone else notice that the big screen TV was showing Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes" on it? Poor Rico, he's also headed for a meltdown.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That was quite a powder-keg of an episode. I agree that the Claire stuff was pretty cliched, but it could make for some interesting story-lines. Can't wait till next Sunday!

John_VI

Second Unit
Why the hell doesn't Rico kick his good-for-nothing-but-causing-him-a-gigantic-pain-in-the-ass SIL out of his house!!!??? I WOULD!!

I loved the bit between Claire and Olivier. Olivier has an answer for everything, but only because he's already thought everything thru. He's had to answer all of these questions for himself, because they haunt him every day. So it's only natural that he would have quick (and seemingly good) answers for Claire. But the look on his face after Claire left told me that he knows that Claire has seen thru him.

Russell is going to commit suicide. I can smell it coming.

Will Claire have an abortion
? My guess would be yes.

I was very intrigued to see the actor James Cromwell as one of the attendees for Mrs. Su's funeral, and wondered what he was doing there. Now we know!! It's great to see him become Ruth's new love interest. But will Arthur become jealous and go postal on him? LOL!!

Lisa's backpack is gone, but her cell phone was still in the car. And the car is parked in the exact spot from where she last called Nate. If she decided to take an impromptu hike, why wouldn't she take her phone? And what's up with the Dr. Pepper can? If she decided to cash it in, perhaps she decided to see what Dr. Pepper tasted like first!

And in something of a strange twist, it looks like Keith is actually trying to hold onto David instead of vice versa. Wierd.

And finally, in the previews I saw a woman carrying what is supposed to be a baby, but I can't tell if the woman is Lisa or Claire. Opinions?

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Interesting, I agree that the Claire situation was a little cliched - something this show manages to avoid on most occasion.

I wonder if something is going to give between Rico and the sister-in-law :). James Cromwell is great, I'm glad they added him to the storyline. Everything has certainly built up to a very volatile state, hopefully they don't leave us hanging!

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I find it funny that since LA Confidential I just cant seem to trust Cromwell. I was expecting him to haul off and crack Ruth or sumthin.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
OK, maybe I'm not too bright, but is it me or has the whole season for Nate been some dream and he is still in a coma or something to that effect?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's all that cliched. That happens every day in life. I'm sure she will hit the eject button. In a show on ABC you can expect someone to "keep the baby and raise the little brat and save for college, that's what good people do!". I hate that stuff. That's why I love HBO shows I guess. They don't preach to you about what they think is right.

I'll definitely agree it will be cliched if Claire says she will not keep the baby, then at the last minute decides to keep it and raise it and be happy single mother. That will definitely be ABC. How many times have we seen this over the years? No, I think Six Feet Under will tackle a controversial thing like abortion and let her go through with it and show what it is really like on the show.

I think one of next season's or maybe the last episodes of this season's deaths will begin with Claire's unnamed baby being aborted, with the fade to white 2003-2003. Great episode though, so depressing, I almost start balling with Nate everytime, especially the scene where he imagines her coming home, his acting of PURE emotion is just amazing, he's just an amazing actor as is everyone else in the series.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
No, I think Six Feet Under will tackle a controversial thing like abortion and let her go through with it and show what it is really like on the show.
Really like? Really like for whom?

Reguardless of your views on the matter, either decision for Clair is as real as the other.

NOW IF 6FU WANTS TO REALLY PISS EVERYONE OFF AND BE CONTRIVERSEIAL!
Have Clair have the abortion during the opening minutes of an episode and then fade to a 'obit shot' like they do every episode. That would royally piss off the Pro-Life and Pro-Abortion camps alike.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
When is the scene about Claire being pregnant? I watched the second half again last night and still didn't see it. I would like to see her reaction.

Thanks
Todd

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Marty,

Thanks. That is what I get for sometimes just listening and surfing the web. I remember the one scene but not the other.

Todd

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I think Nate and David will find out about Claire being pregnant because she'll get morning sickness at the cabin.

Maybe Lisa was abducted somehow? Aliens? Maybe the show will take on the form of Soap? Probably not. But who knows, maybe Lisa liked Dr. Pepper and didn't drink caffeine because of the baby and nursing and since she would be away, then she could drink it. Who knows at this point.

The Brenda and her brother thing is really creepy.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
It's a wild thought, admittedly, but let me put it out there:

Brenda isn't as "together" as she seems, followed Lisa, and killed her in a fit of jealous rage.
:angry:

John_VI

Second Unit
In a show on ABC you can expect someone to "keep the baby and raise the little brat and save for college, that's what good people do!". I hate that stuff. That's why I love HBO shows I guess. They don't preach to you about what they think is right.
Oh, really! And having Claire go thru with an abortion would somehow NOT be what HBO or the producers of the show think is right? Lame position, boy-o.

I think having an abortion would be the most controversial decision, which is why I think that is what will happen. But to make it real, they should probably show Claire dealing with some severe emotional scars left by the abortion, because that, too, is real and would play nicely into the whole dark mood of the show.

Billy is too fucking creepy for words!!

John_VI

Second Unit
Interesting thought, Todd. Or maybe....could it be Billy? After all, Billy understands that his love for Brenda is wrong, and by killing the wife (Lisa) of his only rival (Nate), he can hopefully push Brenda and Nate back together, making a union between himself and Brenda completely impossible. Does Billy drink Dr. Pepper? Keep your eye out for Dr. Pepper cans over the next two episodes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks