Six Feet Under 4.09 - Grinding The Corn

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Robert Ringwald, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

There's a new episode tonight.

from hbo.com

Ruth and Bettina take a road trip to Mexico, leaving the men of Fisher & Diaz to some male bonding - and comic-book crime fighting. David and Keith open up after closing their "open" relationship; Claire warms up to Jimmy after getting the cold shoulder from Edie and Anita; and Nate can't decide what he wants from Brenda, who turns to old friends to treat the pain.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

2. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

Fun episode I thought. I really like the way the series is going, however, I don't see it wrapping up, I thought Alan Ball had stated this would be the last season?

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Interesting episode, but I'm sick and tired of the Nate/Brenda shuffle. I was glad to see Nathaniel make a return.

David with boobs was hilarious and very disturbing. [​IMG]

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Death Man(tm) Hahaha! You just know that day of filming had to filled with laughs on the set.

Just like Buffy, even if you die on 6FU, you're never quite out of a job/role on this show.

Anyone get nervous about a possible repeat of a Kathy Bates hot tub nude scene (a la "About Schmidt")?

5. Robert Ringwald

Fully enjoyed the episode.

Up until the last 10 minutes I kept wondering where the title came from.

Did Claire have her orgasm? I think it seemed like it.

3 episodes left?

It seems like they're only doing 12 episodes this season, as opposed to the usual 13. Hm, think HBO will drop the price of the DVD set from 100? [​IMG] Sorry, sarcasm today...

It was interesting to see David's reaction to Keith's bed hop with Celeste. The dream had me rolling.

Brenda clearly was about to lose it again. She needs Nate to hold on to, and it's clear that she can't function on her own.

Alan Ball said he was out after this season a while ago, but maybe he's changed his mind. I wouldn't mind another year, but I just don't see everything wrapping up this season... way too much is in the air for just 3 more episodes to take place.

Really disliked how Edie treated Claire after the end of their "almost" relationship. That bothered me.

George's comment about how Rico should just move on were weird as well.

And when did Anita move into their house? Why on earth is her underwear there...? She's a weird one.

Seeing Billy was a nice touch. He's always had a strange connection with Claire's character, and I think the two of them are interesting when they react.

Anyone else think the comic book attempted robbery was just hilarious? When George tripped the one with his foot I was laughing so hard. What boobs.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

That was funny. I loved Rico wielding the frying pan. [​IMG]

7. Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman Second Unit

A fun (and funny) episode. The chemistry at the dinner table between Nate, Rico, and George was great; what a motley crew. The clever juxtaposition of super hero elements with the rather hapless nerds was amusing. Ditto David's breasts. I think a bit of levity in an otherwise solemn and often disturbing season was a good thing. For one of the few times this season, the opening death scene actually informed the tenor of the episode. This is something that the show has gotten away from lately and suffered from as a result.

Brenda walking away from the imminent menage a trois may prove a turning point for her character. She even left her pot at the dealer's place. Will she find happiness with Nate and Maya or will she return to her dissolute ways? For narrative reasons, I suspect the latter, but who knows.

Absolutely, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw her in the hot tub[​IMG] .

8. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Supporting Actor

Joe Bernardi

Not so weird when you consider how many times George has been married. I wonder whether it was George or the ex-wives who did the moving on in those cases.

9. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Anyone think that someone killed Lisa? Maybe Brenda, or Billy or even Nate?

10. Robert Ringwald

Well, I didn't mean weird as out of character, or something I didn't believe. I mean, it just shows how he values relationships and marriage... and it's definitely a reason why Ruth is his 8th wife...

I thought that the absense of Mena might have been contract reasons (I read she was only contracted for 6 episodes... and that's all she's done at this point..) but the episode preview for the next 3 episodes show her in at least one scene... so she's obviously around for a bit longer than we thought.

11. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    In case I am the only one who checked and I doubt I was :b, their is no such term listed in google other than this show title [​IMG]...good show tonite. I feel bad for Claire.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"We call it 'maize haze'."

13. Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche Stunt Coordinator

I have always thought that Billy was a good suspect. Seems like something he would do out of his "love" for his sister.

14. Robert Ringwald

Okay, it's been killing me. What the heck is the song that plays over the "previously on six feet under" segments? I've been trying to figure this out everywhere, but no place seems to have an answer.

Anyone know where it's from? thanks

FOUND IT.

It's from an out of print album by Pell Mell. The album is interstate. The song is "Nothing Lies Still Long" good song.

15. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry

I have been thinking Nate did - and he is in self-denial or schiziphrania...remember, he DID have brain cancer...

16. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

An obvious (and funny) reference. No one who was familiar with the movie could have had any other thought.

17. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

There's these (descriptions NSFW), but they were added the day of the show's first airing, and I'm thinking it's just people using their imaginations.