What's new

Six Feet Under 4.02 - In Case Of Rapture (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I loved the opening bit with the floating blow-up dolls, and the death of the woman who thought it was the rapture. Classic Six Feet Under.

Claire's rediscovery of her art was done pretty well, and it'll be interesting to see how her character evolves, especially with the addition of Mena Suvari.

Keith's job seems to be slightly less of a positive experience than he expected, but still interesting.

David's blow job was a little upsetting, especially since it seemed he was getting back on track with Keith... hope we're not seeing a pattern (last season's stint with Patrick)

Ruth and George continue to creep me out, and the revelation that George might not know EVERYTHING he says is a little interesting.

Arthur seems really upset about Ruth, and the part with the name on the yogurt made me laugh.

Brenda seems to trust next door neighbor guy, but his pushing seems to not have been the best move. I'm wondering where that'll go.

Nate's inability to understand other people's rights to handle loss in their own way was a little upsetting to watch... and he's still obviously not over Lisa's death, not even close. The decision to quit wasn't bad...

Rico is making a mistake with Infinity... sorry... ... I can't remember her name... sophie? Eh, it's Infinity... and she's bad news.

Can't wait to see where they go with the next 11 episodes.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I loved the opening bit with the floating blow-up dolls, and the death of the woman who thought it was the rapture. Classic Six Feet Under.

Claire's rediscovery of her art was done pretty well, and it'll be interesting to see how her character evolves, especially with the addition of Mena Suvari.

Keith's job seems to be slightly less of a positive experience than he expected, but still interesting.

David's blow job was a little upsetting, especially since it seemed he was getting back on track with Keith... hope we're not seeing a pattern (last season's stint with Patrick)

Ruth and George continue to creep me out, and the revelation that George might not know EVERYTHING he says is a little interesting.

Arthur seems really upset about Ruth, and the part with the name on the yogurt made me laugh.

Brenda seems to trust next door neighbor guy, but his pushing seems to not have been the best move. I'm wondering where that'll go.

Nate's inability to understand other people's rights to handle loss in their own way was a little upsetting to watch... and he's still obviously not over Lisa's death, not even close. The decision to quit wasn't bad...

Rico is making a mistake with Infinity... sorry... ... I can't remember her name... sophie? Eh, it's Infinity... and she's bad news.

Can't wait to see where they go with the next 11 episodes.

StacyV

Second Unit
Did they make a mistake with the death date? It was 2003 (as opposed to '04).

I thought for sure Keith would get upset upon hearing about David's plumbing job, but since it didn't seem to be a big deal, maybe they are still on track.

Arthur looks like he's just about ready to lose it. It seems like the Fishers encounter more than their fair share of weirdos, be it Billy or Russell (or Russell and Claire's art teacher from last season) or Arthur, you wonder which character is going to snap first.

StacyV

Second Unit
Did they make a mistake with the death date? It was 2003 (as opposed to '04).

I thought for sure Keith would get upset upon hearing about David's plumbing job, but since it didn't seem to be a big deal, maybe they are still on track.

Arthur looks like he's just about ready to lose it. It seems like the Fishers encounter more than their fair share of weirdos, be it Billy or Russell (or Russell and Claire's art teacher from last season) or Arthur, you wonder which character is going to snap first.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

This episode takes place three months after last season. Time's always passed differently on SFU, with more time passing between certain episodes. Last year there were several eps which took place in 2002, despite it being 2003, until after the Christmas episode. (Or perhaps I'm thinking of season 2, regardless, there've been delays between when things were supposed to be happening and the air dates).

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

This episode takes place three months after last season. Time's always passed differently on SFU, with more time passing between certain episodes. Last year there were several eps which took place in 2002, despite it being 2003, until after the Christmas episode. (Or perhaps I'm thinking of season 2, regardless, there've been delays between when things were supposed to be happening and the air dates).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 was probably Christmas 2000. Season 2 episode 8 was one year after the first episode, putting it at Christmas time 2001. That season ended with Claire's graduation, so probably summer 2002. Season 3 picked up roughly 6-8 months after season 2 ended, putting it at January 2003 somewhere around the start of Claire's 2nd semester of her first year in art school. Season 3 was mostly a few weeks or a month between episodes... and ended around summertime, still 2003. This season started the same time as the last season end, and then this episode jumped ahead 3 months, making it roughly September/October, 2003.

The episodes will probably go back to the season 2 pattern of 1 month in between, so we'll get to 2004 eventually.

I hope that helps.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 was probably Christmas 2000. Season 2 episode 8 was one year after the first episode, putting it at Christmas time 2001. That season ended with Claire's graduation, so probably summer 2002. Season 3 picked up roughly 6-8 months after season 2 ended, putting it at January 2003 somewhere around the start of Claire's 2nd semester of her first year in art school. Season 3 was mostly a few weeks or a month between episodes... and ended around summertime, still 2003. This season started the same time as the last season end, and then this episode jumped ahead 3 months, making it roughly September/October, 2003.

The episodes will probably go back to the season 2 pattern of 1 month in between, so we'll get to 2004 eventually.

I hope that helps.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I hope to see more conflict between Arthur and the George. I love Arthur, the dude is way over the top eccentric.

Rico is now officially a sugar-daddy, and will not be of much help at work when his life falls apart. I think David would be best served by asking Arthur to play a bigger role.

Kieth trying to play hetero was funny too. "I would definitely tap that.................ass."

Things I can do without:

1. Claire and her new friend talking about stupid shit like their lives. A lost generation IMO. Mena is not nearly as hot as I remembered her in American Beauty. /disapointed/

2. Brenda and nekkid dude. -Unless Billy shows up off his meds and there is confrontation, why are we following Brenda? Show me more of the Fischers.

I really can't get enough of the George and Arthur stuff. Actually, anything coming out of George's mouth is pure poison. Everybody but Ruth hates him.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I hope to see more conflict between Arthur and the George. I love Arthur, the dude is way over the top eccentric.

Rico is now officially a sugar-daddy, and will not be of much help at work when his life falls apart. I think David would be best served by asking Arthur to play a bigger role.

Kieth trying to play hetero was funny too. "I would definitely tap that.................ass."

Things I can do without:

1. Claire and her new friend talking about stupid shit like their lives. A lost generation IMO. Mena is not nearly as hot as I remembered her in American Beauty. /disapointed/

2. Brenda and nekkid dude. -Unless Billy shows up off his meds and there is confrontation, why are we following Brenda? Show me more of the Fischers.

I really can't get enough of the George and Arthur stuff. Actually, anything coming out of George's mouth is pure poison. Everybody but Ruth hates him.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
My favorite line:

Nate - "look Maya, someone sent Grandpa a pile of dookie."

So who sent George the dookie? Arthur?

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
My favorite line:

Nate - "look Maya, someone sent Grandpa a pile of dookie."

So who sent George the dookie? Arthur?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure it is. Although it could be one of George's children, although I can't imagine them doing that.

Keith trying to be straight was funny. I'm just waiting for one of the other guards to find out he's gay and then Keith gets kicked off the force.

I loved the contrast between David admitting his indiscretion to Keith right away and Rico keeping his indiscretion secret from Vanessa. When the can of worms opens, it's not going to be a pretty sight for Rico.

It took me the West Coast feed to get the meaning of the bumper sticker on the old lady's car at the beginning. What a interesting and funny setup for her death.

I think Nate will come back to the funeral home eventaully. I can't imagine him doing anything else.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure it is. Although it could be one of George's children, although I can't imagine them doing that.

Keith trying to be straight was funny. I'm just waiting for one of the other guards to find out he's gay and then Keith gets kicked off the force.

I loved the contrast between David admitting his indiscretion to Keith right away and Rico keeping his indiscretion secret from Vanessa. When the can of worms opens, it's not going to be a pretty sight for Rico.

It took me the West Coast feed to get the meaning of the bumper sticker on the old lady's car at the beginning. What a interesting and funny setup for her death.

I think Nate will come back to the funeral home eventaully. I can't imagine him doing anything else.

Chuck Mullen

Stunt Coordinator

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out George has a lot of skeletons in his closet. He seems too nice. I think it is from someone he wronged in his past.

Chuck Mullen

Stunt Coordinator

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out George has a lot of skeletons in his closet. He seems too nice. I think it is from someone he wronged in his past.

StacyV

Second Unit

I bet before it's all over, Brenda winds up in some way back in Nate's world, or at least the Fishers. I missed her not being around the early part of last season, so I'm glad to see her, even if it's with the nekkid neighbor. If we never see Billy again, however, I'll be happy.

StacyV

Second Unit

I bet before it's all over, Brenda winds up in some way back in Nate's world, or at least the Fishers. I missed her not being around the early part of last season, so I'm glad to see her, even if it's with the nekkid neighbor. If we never see Billy again, however, I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks