Six Feet Under 3/31/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Being a single guy, reclusive in nature, this was a harrowing episode for me and how they dealt with the opening death of the woman who lived alone and didn't have anyone at her funeral. The concept is awfully sad to me.

The rest of the episode was okay. Loved Brenda's reaction after getting back home from being "an observer". The marriage proposal came out of left field. Her typed sentences were a hoot.

Don't really know why Nate won't tell her of his AVM condition.

Claire bothers me, still. She's always over-reacting to any little thing that doesn't fit her worldview. The sexual tension part with her counsellor was stoically funny, though.

Poor David, he got used like he tried to use Keith last season. I don't trust that new guy that David is going out with. He sets up my creep-o-meter.

Frederico is going to have a meltdown soon (the previews didn't help the situation).

Ruth cracks me up with the whole house-building life plan of hers. Loved the call to Hiram (though I found it funny because Ed Begley Jr. is now on the new ABC show, Wednesday 9:30 (8:30 central)).

This show keeps surprising me week after week.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I missed something, Patman. When did you get your HBO back?

M.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

You can't keep a die hard fan away for long, and that's all I'll admit to. (I've had the help of friends with tapes of the previous episodes, so I'm basically all caught up). [​IMG]

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Well, you could tell while Nate was contemplating his answer, he was really mulling over telling Brenda about his condition, but he got swept up with Brenda's urgency, and relented and probably thought that Brenda would be one who could handle the news after all she's been through.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I don't think Nate has dealt with his AVM condition enough to really want to tell anyone. I think he feels comfortable telling David because they've spent the last year bonding with him. I think he feels confident that David can keep a secret. Clair was an oops.

I don't think that Keith used David. I think they love each other but can't seem to be together. David consistantly comes back to Keith when he has real needs, and Keith does the same. Keith is just with his partner (who's name I have not memorized) but I don't think he loves him like he loves David. Keith feels guilty for having cheated on him though.

I wish they would get back together. I don't know if they are meant for each other in the long run, but they love each other and can count on one another.

I think Mom is going to finally break through and be done with the plan. It is terribly unfortunate that she reaches out for and requests affection and cannot get it from her children. Though one can't expect to change 30 years of upbringing in a simple request, it is very sad to see her is such a state. I really care for her, and think she's special in her own way.

I can't wait for next Sunday. I am quite hooked on Six Feet Under. Enough to make me more critical of others shows I love. I am itching for season 1 to be on DVD so that I can distribute it to loved ones for presents.

7. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

I've been fascinated by this show since the beginning, and this episode really set the hook for me (I'd found last week's episode disappointing).

Claire's choice to not rat on Parker was interesting. I thought the counselor was coming in with his own oddness about the sexual tension thing - I'd not read that in her.

Nate is getting there in dealing with disclosure and truth - just as his mother is getting there - there are so many characters in realistic transitions.

Unlike Patrick, I wasn't put off by the new guy that David is seeing (the public defender) but I doubt he will be around long.

I will be interested to see if Gabe pops up again. It could go either way, but would probably be more edgy if he just disappears, and doesn't remain part of the stable of characters.

I found this episode's death, and the little pieces of the life the dead woman appeared to have, particularly poignant. I was expecting Ruth to uncover something more in the woman's home, but no . . . . and that was a nice touch. I've been to funerals almost as barren as hers, and it does give me pause.

What a show!

8. MickeS

MickeS Producer

9. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Based on an interview in The Advocate David's new boyfriend

won't last

I think the real tension here will be David's relationship with Keith. And what's up with Father Jack? Or should I say what's out?

What a great show.

- Steve

10. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

A good episode this week. It is full of suprises, yet it's always quite believable. I also was really disturbed when Ruth stated quite bluntly that she wanted to have a real & intimate relationship with her family, but nobody made a move to open up to her!

-Dan B

11. Larry Price

Larry Price Stunt Coordinator

Also a fan of this show.

1 question -

Whats your interpretation of Ruths dream of her house with no furniture. Has she gotten to the point where she "has to rid herself of all old furnishings" and start anew?

Also, I really start to laugh when she just starts to yell at the family and they just give her these outlandish looks.

I also hope they bring in Lili Taylors character for further shows.

12. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

13. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Maybe it was just a coincedence but did anyone else notice that ruth pocketed the pearl earings and then at the funeral had on pearl earings also?
    I wonder what will happen with the bratty kid and the kid's mother??
    Really like how they have made Ruth come alive this season, though I do wish they'd bring in the Russian some more as I thought he was very funny.
    So far Season 2 is just as strong if not stronger than Season 2.
    And I honestly thought that Brenda was going to tell David that she wanted to become a prostitute, not ask him to marry her![​IMG]

14. MickeS

MickeS Producer