What's new

Six Degrees ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
JJ Abrams' new show, Six Degrees, premieres after Grey's Anatomy on ABC in the 10-spot (EST). Can we handle more seemingly unconnected people living in New York somehow finding each other through a series of coincidences?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I can't handle it. It's on my must pass list. Now if it receives consistent rave reviews I'll reconsider.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
When the most memorable moment from the promos is a girl deciding to be an exhibitionist, then the show is probably not worth the time. It gets a pass from me.

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I liked it. I thought it was well written, didn't try to be too smart, and I enjoy the people they cast. I was pleasantly surprised and definitely will continue to watch.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Pleasantly surprised. A bit melodramatic, but with a talented cast. I am curious what will happen next. I like a lot of the people on this show, particularly Campbell Scott, Hope Davis and Erika Christensen. And a surprise - a minor role played by Sarah Vowell...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the concept is too cute and coy, and the execution far too simple and convenient. By the end of the series, will they all show up on the same subway train?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So what are the other shows? I guess I'm not watching them, so I'll be sticking with the show. I like Hope Davis and Campbell Scott.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/5/06

I was pleasantly surprised to see Shiri Appleby on the show for now.

Wish they'd move on with the Roy-Whitney subplot (or will Roy really talk his way out of hitting on Laura in the next episode?).

Don't care about the looking for mom subplot.

Did laugh at the limo driver yelling at the spoiled rich kids for leaving gum on his backseat.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I like the concept of the show, but other than connecting the dots of the characters, it has been kind of dull.

I like the idea of rotating narrators for each episode.

Jace_A

Second Unit
I gave it three episodes. It's now off my watch list. Tepid soap opera with a marginally interesting premise that simply doesn't follow through with compelling, or even interesting characters.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I've always enjoyed films with the interconnecting stories betweeen characters, so this show really appeals to me. I like the cast (the mature Campbell Scott is much more appealing than his younger self) and I find it quite interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh no, this show is turning the corner for me. The Puncher is probably what did it. So now we have Mae's mystery. Thankfully Steven finally told someone where he went for those 4 missing months, that was driving me nuts.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I love seeing Shiri Appleby on a weekly basis via this show. Stephen's storyline was funny in that fatherhood-as-a-trainwreck way (everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong with Stephen watching his son for 2 days). Didn't much care about the ex-con's subplot, and Laura's subplot seemed superfluous, but Laura's reaction to the kiss that JT planted on her produced one of the biggest LOL I've heard in quite a while.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Glad someone else is still watching the show. :)

It's a tad bit soapy, but I like the characters overall. Can't hurt that I find the actors appealing. I liked the shakeout of the Stephen-Max story in the sense that they've likely gotten over this little bump of testing boundaries and Stephen can be able to be himself a little more.

Next week we finally get back to that photo he took of Laura as well...

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I understand it's just to "burn off" the last 7 episodes, though? But I love this show and will sadly watch all they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks