1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Sites for New Release Schedules

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by wally, Aug 28, 2002.

1. wally

wally Second Unit

I'm looking for a few good sites that list up-coming DVD releases. I know there are quite a loads coming in the near future and would like to start $ planning.

I know this has been covered, but my "Favorites" list got zapped and I tried an unsuccessful search.

2. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

Deepdiscountdvd.com has an exhaustive list of upcoming, but their site is usually REALLY slow when it comes to that. Usually I'm interested in the major releases, so I go to rottentomatoes.com which will give you the majors for the next few weeks at least. They may go further in the future but I haven't checked. Rotten Tomatoes is a really great site for any movie fan anyway.

3. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I love the Future Releases section at DVD Empire.

Once you get the whole list digested, you can check it once a week or week or so by selecting "Recent Additions" to see what new titles have come up.

Or if you use their nifty "Pre-Order Manager" which is sorted by date. You can check off things that don;t interest you so every time you sign in they'll just show you things you're still interested in.

4. Art Martinez

Art Martinez Stunt Coordinator

I usually go to comingsoon.net they have a pretty good listing of upcoming titles. They also have release dates for movies in their theatrical run as well.

5. paul watkins

paul watkins Stunt Coordinator

dvdtalk.com has a good list.

6. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

7. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

The Digitalbits cover art page shows several significant releases by date.
    I also use Amazon's release page to check for weekly titles. Since it uses a search I usually adjust the date range in the weblink so that the start and end dates are the same day.
    For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...re-releases/-/20020901/dvd/20020907/ref=hfr_dh_3_h/104-7928162-9864764
    covers September 3rd. change the highlighted dates to the one you're looking for and you'll get a very thorough listing..

8. Kurt N

Kurt N Stunt Coordinator

9. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

my favorite have also been covered: efilmcritic and the Bits
    [​IMG]

10. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    www.lasersedge.com
    A B&M just 20 minutes from me, these guys have a world-renouned online service as well. Subscribe to their weekly e-mailing list and you will get new releases for that week plus scads of any new announcements--things that other sites just don't mention!

11. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

VideoEta.com is pretty good. Plus you can have them send you email updates when releases you're interested in come out just in case you forget.

12. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor