What's new

Site is Sloooow to load lately for me (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Sam,

Just so you are aware, we have no control over the quality of code in tapatalk. If you have issues, it can be worth removing and reinstalling the app.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dave Upton said:
Sam,
Just so you are aware, we have no control over the quality of code in tapatalk. If you have issues, it can be worth removing and reinstalling the app.
You can use HTF in Tapatalk? I'm using the direct HTF app.

BR.com miata, powerstroke and Subaru forums on Tapatalk give me no issues.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Things seem to be working fine now, no problems posting, no freeze-ups, although for some reason when I visited today I was signed out. No problems signing back in though. Thanks.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
schan1269 said:
Hmmm...

Lollipop just hit Android. The app is more sprightly...

schan1269 said:
I wouldnt exactly call February(T-Mobile) and March (AT&T)..."months".

Especially since VZW didn't start the rollout till Monday.

Manufacturer and carrier delays don't really mean it's "out" later. Lollipop was released in November to Nexus devices and, I think, Google Play Edition versions of others. Cyanogenmod and other third part ROMs probably updated shortly after. But I see what you mean, "Lollipop just hit my T-Mobile Android phone...."

Dave Upton said:
Sam,

And the most recent versions of Tapatalk for iOS are unsatisfactory IMHO. They've removed functionality, and are currently recovering from a disastrous UI blunder over the winter holiday. I'm not quite grumpy enough to adopt specialized apps for each of several forums I frequent (it would add up to six or more apps), though.

schan1269 said:
You can use HTF in Tapatalk? I'm using the direct HTF app.

BR.com miata, powerstroke and Subaru forums on Tapatalk give me no issues.

Yep, and the versions I'm sticking with on iOS and Android work pretty well. You may not get all mod/admin functionality (I remember the tools sysops had to use on TOPS-20 based CompuServe, egads), but it's handy for quick checks and replies to threads.j

Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand.... :}

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
davidHartzog said:
Things seem to be working fine now, no problems posting, no freeze-ups, although for some reason when I visited today I was signed out. No problems signing back in though. Thanks.
I was signed out this morning too, and somehow my password got lost.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Tapatalk is really pretty awful, they let us pay them to have our own app, but intentionally keep our app more buggy than theirs. We will probably be discontinuing the branded app in the near future.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dave Upton said:
Tapatalk is really pretty awful, they let us pay them to have our own app, but intentionally keep our app more buggy than theirs. We will probably be discontinuing the branded app in the near future.
Well that's very kind of them.

I havent noticed anything slow lately.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Dennis Nicholls said:
I was signed out this morning too, and somehow my password got lost.
I was also signed out when I came here just now, but was signed in this morning. The same thing with another site this morning. I use Chrome there and Firefox here, so it wasn't a browser issue. Must be an Earth Day thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks