1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Site extremely slow in a thread

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by RobertR, Jun 17, 2017.

1. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I was trying to post on the Gene Siskel thread from my Android tablet, and the system CRAWLS. Agonizingly slow. I have to wait several seconds for a response to input. Tried posting on another site, and there's no problem. I also have been noticing that on my computer, the refresh indicator is on much of the time at HTF.

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I've having this problem with my iMac using Safari. I try to write a post and the time from typing a letter to it displaying on the screen can be seconds. If I really concentrate I can type a complete sentence without more than 2-3 letters displaying. They all eventually display, but this is ridiculous.

This has been going on for days.

3. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Working well via FF and on my phone via Chrome. No issues.

4. TJPC

TJPC Screenwriter

Terry Carroll
    Misery loves company. It is ok now, but I had the exact same problem with my iPhone, also, several times after typing most of a long entry, Safari said it had to reload the page, and when it returned my message was gone! This caused me to give up the post.

Jimbo64 likes this.
  5. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    This is an intermittent problem but is only happening to me on HTF. It's not confined to writing a post. Just a month ago, I was trying to access my alerts via the drop down box and it was very difficult to do.

Scrolling thru a thread can be difficult. As I scroll I have to wait for it to be displayed. All this is happening often enough to make HTF a less than pleasant experience.

6. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    The problem is becoming less intermittent. I was watching one of those dancing bananas and he wasn't dancing too fast. He's in a post above what I was typing, and clearly the system was moving ver slowly. Am I the only one?

7. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I am having issues reading on my iPad - multiple instances of a page having to reload (using safari). Not as big an issue on iPhone but since I do the bulk of my reading on iPad it can be quite trying and annoying.

8. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Yeah discovered trying to read and reply on my phone using Chrome is annoying as all get out. Freezes up, all the darn ads making the page reload and freeze and jump around. I gave up and went back to PC. Works fine on PC thanks to AdBlocker.