What's new

International SISSI trilogy in Bluray? (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hello.
I thought of starting this thread here, in case anyone knows anything.

The Sissi trilogy films, are among my favourite films of my childhood, and they were recently restored (2,5 years ago) and released in some excellent German Blurays (unfortunately without English subtiltes).
The films are presented both in full screen (1.33:1) and widescreen (1.78:1) and have both German DTS-HD MA mono and 5.1.
(I myself prefer the full screen presentation)

28063_large.jpg

The result is outstanding! It's perhaps one of the 5 best restorations I've ever seen in Bluray of an old film.

Does anyone know, if there is any chance of these Blurays being released with subtitles in US perhaps?

I just contacted the Australian Umbrella Entertainment that had released DVDs of the films, in case they plan anything for the future.
Someone else had contacted Studio Canal at the time of the release of the German Blurays, but they said they have no plans.
Also, I can't find any contact info on Koch Lorber that had released the DVDs in USA. (Does this company exist still?)

These films would be a treasure to have, and I'm afraid we won't see them in English-friendly Blurays ever..

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I have the trilogy on DVD... Lovely films, and I only just recently watched the first "Sissi" again a couple of weeks ago. I have entertained the notion of importing from Germany (knowing the films fairly well without needing subtitles); but would of course prefer to have them subtitled. We can only wait and hope.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
I believe Koch Lorber is now EOne or Entertainment One. There is also Kino Lorber but I'm not sure if they are the same companies.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I received a reply from the Australian Umbrella Entertainment:
At the moment, we do not have any plans to release the BR’s of this film. But maybe in the future so keep an eye on our website for any announcements

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
AshJW said:
Can't see no pics...
Oh, the usual problem with that site.
I don't understand why.

You will be able to see them if you copy and paste the link. ;)

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
I throw these on every so often and am disappointed that I cannot turn more classic film-loving friends on to them because they have no English subtitles. This is, indeed, a terrific transfer with amazing clarity and color.

"Wenn du traurig bist, dann geh mit offenen Augen durch den Wald und jeder Baum und jeder Strauch, zeigen dir die Allmacht Gottes."

Seufz!

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Konstantinos Zacharopoulos said:
Oh, the usual problem with that site.
I don't understand why.

You will be able to see them if you copy and paste the link. ;)
Thanks, now I can see them. Thanks.

Looks preety good, maybe I'll go for it. Although I allways prefered the french films of Romy. :)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Well, Film Movement supposedly will release this trilogy early next year but I haven't found any legitimate source in the internet where they mention it.
There was just a new member at the other forum who just registered and posted only that one post about it (which sounds a bit suspicious unless he's affiliated with the company), and then it appeared in the news of the same forum a little while ago..
But still no legitimate source..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks