What's new

SIRIUSXM: Still Lazy After All These Years (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert,

If you are listening in your home, on a daily basis, you don't hear them looping the same songs over and over again?

They pipe it into our workplace. I hear the same exact songs day in and day out no matter what station it is tuned to.
I don't listen to XM for just music. Matter of fact, I used their music stations least of all, but I do listen to their various sports programming and radio talk shows quite often. If it was just music, I might not have XM as I have Pandora and Spotify for music.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't listen to XM for just music. Matter of fact, I used their music stations least of all, but I do listen to their various sports programming and radio talk shows quite often. If it was just music, I might not have XM as I have Pandora and Spotify for music.

Oh, okay. Then you wouldn't have the issues that most listeners are having.

I only listen to Howard Stern. I stay off of the music channels. They are unlistenable.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
When I had it, my main channel was the old time radio channel but tossed in some Alternative 80's stuff and Tom Petty Channel stuff. I never listed to XM at home.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm going to be honest.. I love Sirus/XM, and I almost never listen to music channels. For me, SiriusXM's biggest benefit is an array of live news and sports coverage, no matter where I'm driving. I drive quite a bit in a week, typically I put on about 50k miles a year in the vehicles I own. So, being able to listen to the ballgame as I travel, or tune in MSNBC, etc. it all works out for me. The ability to listen to the home and away feed of the NFL, home and away feed of MLB.. when you're on a long drive, or out of town, it's the best.

I think the thing is, everything is for who it is.. for me, when I want music, I've got Amazon Music on my phone as well as about 100Gb of my own music. When I want live events, live news, that is where Sirius XM is truly fantastic.

Now that SIRIUS owns Pandora, it'll be interesting

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I enjoy the deep tracks channel.
The main afternoon guy is Earl Bailey who was on a local channel in Philly that I listened to for decades.
So his familiar voice is welcome

I didn’t think they had baseball anymore.
Thought IT was only nba and nhl.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I enjoy the deep tracks channel.
The main afternoon guy is Earl Bailey who was on a local channel in Philly that I listened to for decades.
So his familiar voice is welcome

I didn’t think they had baseball anymore.
Thought IT was only nba and nhl.
Nope, they have all the four major sports. I listen to the MLB channel every single day. They have the NBA and NFL channels too.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Maybe I only have nba and nhl. I’ll gave to check my account on the website

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree that if you are in to talk radio, be it news, sports or entertainment than SiriusXM is probably a godsend.

As long as you don't rely on it for music you are probably okay.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
On a somewhat related note...I've been pleasantly surprised with the selection of music on Music Choice (the Comcast/Xfinity music channels). I mostly listen to "the 70s" channel, and while there are a selection of songs in heavier rotation than others (from the decade's bigger artists like Elton John, CCR, Carly Simon, etc.) they do have a rather good mix of obscurities---some songs I have actually never heard before, some artists I've never heard of before and other songs that I'm familiar with but that I would never expect to hear on any music station/channel.

For instance, I was shocked to hear Rick Springfield's "speak to the sky" yesterday and today was surprised to hear "shine a little love" by ELO.

Also, I can go several days without hearing the same song twice and I like that there are no DJs and every song plays until fade-out.

I listen on TV, but they do have an app for iOS and Android, if you have a cable subscription.

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I listen to the SINATRA channel most of the time.
Especially like the NANCY FOR FRANK on late Sunday afternoon.

NFL radio is my next most listen. Pat and Jim on "Moving the Chains" is very informative.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Robert,

If you are listening in your home, on a daily basis, you don't hear them looping the same songs over and over again?

They pipe it into our workplace. I hear the same exact songs day in and day out no matter what station it is tuned to.

You have to keep in mind that the SirusXM music channels are mostly genre channels. If you listen to the Beatles channel, or the Beach Boys channel, or the Sinatra channel, there is pretty much a finite number of recordings that they made. Maybe your work needs to rotate the channels a couple of times a day. You are going to hear a fair amount of duplication if the same channel is on all day.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ve heard the same song on at least three channels over the course of a couple hours many times.

You don’t even have to hear it you can see it as the app displays each song as it’s played.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I’ve heard the same song on at least three channels over the course of a couple hours many times.

You don’t even have to hear it you can see it as the app displays each song as it’s played.

Try listening for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. It's torture. Same small playlist played over and over again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Kind of like some local free radio stations. There’s about a 30 song loop that is repeated all day, every day.
Yeah, I mostly listen to older stuff but on terrestrial radio, even huge bands like Led Zeppelin or the Beatles or the Stones have about 3 of their songs that get played and that's it. For me, Sirius is like a breath of fresh air.

That’s not really a legitimate comparison since we don’t pay for ota.
Fair point.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kind of like some local free radio stations. There’s about a 30 song loop that is repeated all day, every day.

That’s not really a legitimate comparison since we don’t pay for ota.

But I still "get" the sentiment. Every Christmas--in almost every market--pops up the "All Christmas Music" station. Inevitably, they each have the most limited playlists of Christmas music.

Whereas I have SO MUCH Christmas music in my collection that I know I could play Christmas music 24/7 for a month and never repeat a thing. :laugh: And have some left-over for the following year! :rolling-smiley:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
But I still "get" the sentiment. Every Christmas--in almost every market--pops up the "All Christmas Music" station. Inevitably, they each have the most limited playlists of Christmas music.

Whereas I have SO MUCH Christmas music in my collection that I know I could play Christmas music 24/7 for a month and never repeat a thing. :laugh: And have some left-over for the following year! :rolling-smiley:
I try to repeat this Christmas song as much as possible.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks