What's new

SIRIUSXM: Still Lazy After All These Years (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So if you got that same offer I have, you would tossed it?

I paid about $80 for a year and got back 2 $50 gift cards.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Yes as I have no confidence Sirius would ever put the service on my car (GM apparently had the OnStar working fine and I extended that, but never had the Sirius working) and while my Sony receiver has an option, I don't listen to music enough to warrant the extra cost ... besides My Momma always said "there's no free lunch" you pay for it somehow ...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just chatted with a SiriusXM rep.

Johnny was spot on.

My car's radio needed to be "refreshed" in order for me to receive a number of channels with numbers higher than 225. Since I'm at work, I couldn't do it now, but they texted me a link which I can click which will send the refresh signal when my car is in a place available to get the signal. Cool.

I was kinda digging the idea of getting a new car radio...but am more than happy not to have to spend the $$$ to do so.

I hate this shit.

The refresh did nothing.

Four conversations with four different "technical assistants" today and the only common message from all of them is that they had NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!

After spending twenty minutes on the phone in which the nice young lady asked me three times to repeat my issue...all while trying a power-down of the radio and then yet another refresh...she finally came back with the news that my particular car radio will NOT receive the channel I want. And she then quickly took off her launched into a sales pitch to try and sell me some hardware.

So I do need a new radio after all.

I thanked her for wasting my time and hung up.

Why do companies hire people to be their online/phone technical staff...and NOT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THEIR PRODUCTS WORK??? They all have their little scripts to use (based on whatever the customer tells them. But they don't really listen and have no concept of what satellite radio is...or their specific equipment...or how any of it interacts with our vehicles, etc.

And none of them (online chat or over-the-phone reps) spoke good English. Just sayin'.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wish I got in here sooner.

I have an older Dephi SkyFi radio and it doesn't have numbers that go beyond 300.

So, I could have told you it was a radio issue.

As far as Sirius subscriptions are concerned...

You really have to barter with these awful customer service representatives out of India.

First, you have to threaten to cancel. Then they send you to a cancelation expert. Then they try to sell you all these discount plans. You keep saying NO. Finally, they come up with a rock bottom price. If you still don't like it and cancel then they send you even a better offer in the mail.

That entire service is supported by people who don't know any better any pay the exorbitant full subscription price. Those who know better get away with next to nothing cost.

And to be honest, the music channels are so god-awful that no price is worth it. I only keep it for Howard Stern these days. I don't need to be listening to the same 100 songs being played over and over across all the channels.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I would have tossed your offer. I am not paying a dime for the same songs being played over and over in an overly compressed form that doesn't sound much better than AM radio. I don't like Howard Stern, so Sirius offers nothing of interest to me.

I am over two months into the three month trial with my new vehicle. I don't even bother turning on the satellite service, and just use the high bit rate music I have on a thumb drive.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would have tossed your offer. I am not paying a dime for the same songs being played over and over in an overly compressed form that doesn't sound much better than AM radio. I don't like Howard Stern, so Sirius offers nothing of interest to me.

Scott,

I agree. If you don't like Stern, there is nothing SiriusXM offers.

I don't get the fact that there's a satellite music service out there that has no grasp on music.

You are better off putting your favorite songs on an iPod/iPhone/mobile device and listening to it that way. Or, subscribe to any of the music services that give you a better customized choice of what YOU want to hear.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know that you guys didn’t get this same offer that I get but I paid $80 and they gave me back $100. So how do you lose out unless you also don’t use amazon.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I just refreshed for All Access for 12 months for $130. F these guys. Keep saying you are cancelling until you get all access for $10 or less a month plus tax.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hard to know what the rock-bottom offer is these days but the last offer I got was 6 months of all-access for $50.

Phone operator gave me some crap that she was purposely overriding the system in order to get me that offer.

Meanwhile, I saw the offer in print for a radio I wasn't using anymore.

Such a bunch of liars and it's amazing the amount of bartering that needs to be done to get satellite at a discount.

EDIT: That's 6 months for $50

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I know that you guys didn’t get this same offer that I get but I paid $80 and they gave me back $100. So how do you lose out unless you also don’t use amazon.
Sorry, Tony. I misinterpreted your post, thinking you paid $80 and got back $50 each time - - for a total of $60 spent per year. I guess if Sirius wanted to pay me $20 to take their service as they did you, I may have obliged them. I still wouldn't listen to the service, though.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Someone at SiriusXM must have flunked basic math. I received the following offer in today's mail:

"Subscribe to the Select Package and get your first 6 months for $4.99 per month! Or, lock in your savings and get 12 months for $99!"

Um, how does spending $8.25 per month for 12 months lock in my savings on a plan that is $5 per month for 6 months? :rolleyes:

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
My daughter got a letter from SXM thanking her for having her oil changed at local dealer, they gave her 2 months free, no credit card required, just call to activate. She was cool with that. I must say SXM wastes a ton of paper trying to get our 3 radios activated. Seems every month we get three letters with 3 different deals to start service.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have it for my car only. I paid 30 bucks for 5 months. I like it and prefer it the commercial filled radio stations that have a much smaller repertoire of music. I will cancel after 5 months and will renew when the same cheap offer rolls around again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have it for my car only. I paid 30 bucks for 5 months. I like it and prefer it the commercial filled radio stations that have a much smaller repertoire of music. I will cancel after 5 months and will renew when the same cheap offer rolls around again.

They'll give you the same deal when you firmly tell them you don't want to renew.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I called to set up my daughters free trial and the guy from India started almost immediately into his sales pitch and at full speed. He talked 100 miles an hour about how he can get me 6 months for I forget how much and how amazing it was and didn't take a breath. As he ended his speech he just said "Sounds great, I'm going to go ahead and set you up on that plan". I laughed and told him in no way will he set me up on any plan other than the free 2 month offer. He backed off and rushed to get me done and off phone at that point.

But we do have 2 month of free tunes in her car so we're good.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sirrius XM just bought Pandora for $3.5 billion:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...m-radio-pandora-media-acquisition/1408114002/

Wonder how this will play out. I have Pandora Premium but just finished up a free trial of XM. I never liked the crazy pricing XM offered so I wasn't planning on joining XM. WHo knows, maybe they will soon offer up a deal for Pandora sub'd folks.
I saw that, I have both services as I use XM mainly for my sport addiction while Pandora is for music.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sirius can't even run their own satellite radio company properly and they buy Pandora?

This can't be good news.
I love Sirius/XM, I used them more in my house than I do in the car as I don't drive nearly as much in retirement as I did when I was working.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert,

If you are listening in your home, on a daily basis, you don't hear them looping the same songs over and over again?

They pipe it into our workplace. I hear the same exact songs day in and day out no matter what station it is tuned to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks