What's new

Sirius Needs A Beatles Station !!! (1 Viewer)

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
All Beatles all the time.... solo works, rareities, remixes and so on ! Anybody with me ?....If Elvis can have his own station why not The Fab Four ?

Brent T

Second Unit
I may be in the minority but I do not care for the stations that only offer one group or musician. I would rather see quite a few other things then the ones we already have.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, thanks for such a meaningful reply. It really adds a lot to this forum with such well thought out mature posts. Maybe we should all be glad you only post .05 a day.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I'd like to see perhaps channels devoted to great bands on a rotation, or on a daily basis. But 24/7? I do like that if I'm in a Stones/Elvis/Buffet mood, there's always something on, but the only one out of those I like is the Stones. Beatles are great, but another 24/7 channel is something I don't desire, I'd love to see them pick up a score and soundtrack channel something like XM's Cinemagic which from what I hear will be phased out.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the Stones channel but they never reached deep into their album. They always kept playing the same familiar singles.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely love a Beatles channel... I'd imagine the royalties would be utterly insane for Sirius though.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If they just played the hits on a Beatles channel I'd be happy. I kind of feel about it the same way I do a concert. If I go see a major artist in concert, they better play the hits ;)

The good thing is, the Beatles have tons of them, almost every album - and every song on many albums - is recognizable great stuff. I would love to see them take a station like the Rolling Stone Station and break it down in a 4-way rotation of artists. Ie, Monday: Beatles; Tuesday: Rolling Stones; Wednesday (X) Thursday (Y) and then back again.

Erick.S

Auditioning
A Beatles channel would be awesome. I agree, if Elvis has a station of his own, The Beatles can too. They have tons of material to go through. The point about having to pay major royalties is true, though. I'm sure that the guy in charge of the beatles catalog wouldn't like this idea. If i'm not mistaken, he's resisted selling their songs as mp3s for fear of less $. I could be mistaken.

William F

Auditioning
Real Name
William Fogarty
YUP. Beatles for sure. The A-hole thet said
Beatles suck sure doesn't know music. Probably a dopey kid.

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
you guys read my mind, I was thinking this today, all beatles,solo beatles live stuff ,cartoon and movie quotes, a beatles channel would be the best. sirius needs to make that happen.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
A Beatles channel would be cool, but I already have everything Beatles, so besides a random playlist on the road, there wouldn't be much benefit for me. Now the idea of a rotating 24/7 channel is interesting.

XM's going to phase out Cinemagic?? Damn - that's always been one of my favorite channels. :frowning:

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
I love much of their music, but I would have to vote no on a year around Beatles channel.

I think a better idea would be a one week tribute on 60s Vibrations. Seven full days of mostly Beatles music, combined with some old interviews of the Fab Four, as well as interviews of others who played an important part in their legacy.

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick

They were pretty much Paul's band from the Sgt. Pepper album until their breakup a few years later.

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick

Another very good reason to just have a one week tribute, rather than a year around channel.

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick

We're almost half way through November, and XM still has Cinemagic. Does anybody have an update on whether it's going to be phased out soon?

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick

Good!

I'm a dual subscriber to both Sirius and XM, with a preference for Sirius. But Cinemagic is one of the channels that keeps me as an XM subscriber.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks