What's new

Sirius Antenna Placement (1 Viewer)

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone had any problems with this? I have a very limited area where I can put my antenna, and the reception is less than spectacular (it cuts out about half the time, and is generally impossible to listen to). I searched their website, and it doesn't really help as far as placement. I tried putting it as far up as I could (on top of my 57" TV, which is about 4½" high or so).

Any suggestions?

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Did your antenna come with a direction guide? If not, I can find a pdf of it for you. Also, you should put the antenna outside if at all possible. If not, try to find a windowsill to put it on. It is not designed to work in the middle of the room, although sometimes it will.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the unit came with an antenna directional guide, but what is killing me is the fact that where I live (Southern Arizona) requires me to point the antenna to the north and / or east. Neither of which I can do in it's present location, unless I get a LOT longer antenna, which I can then run the wire for and hide (and that's really not much of an option, seeing as how I don't think they MAKE a longer antenna).

What's killing me is the fact that I can sometimes fiddle with it and get one bar, with the occasional 2 bars of signal for an hour or two, then it cuts back out and I'm at square one again, having to fiddle with it. It's worse than the old days of rabbit-ears antennas on the TV.

I'm hoping someone's come across this before and found a way to combat it.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I've had my H2A for a day now, and I had some of the same problems you mentioned. That was until I connected the car antenna. I haven't had any dropouts, except for a one sec dropout or two with it.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Wait, so you were able to connect the car antenna to the home kit?

Gary Silverman

Stunt Coordinator
Kurt, I don't know if they are the same or not, but Delphi makes antenna extensions. Maybe that will work?

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Which car antenna are you guys using? I picked up a car kit so I can put it in the daily driver, and I was experimenting with the antenna that came with that. I can't say that the recepetion was any better for any period of time. They will both get signal (up to 2 or 3 bars) for about a ½ hour, then it fades out, and I have to spend another 5 minutes manuvering this thing to try and get signal again.

Maybe I'm using the wrong antenna?

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Put the antenna on a windowsill, or on the roof. I'm using the antenna that came with the kenwood car kit. It's working fine on the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks