Single SVS vs. Dual SVS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bowles, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I was just curious how much of a difference there is between having one svs 20-39 and two? I just got my 20-39 and samson s700 amp.

2. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

You just got the sub and youre already wondering???? You better order 3 more right away.

3. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I am real happy now but i figure more is better. My room is 20x18 with 12' ceilings.

4. Myram

Myram Second Unit

From what I have read......if you add a second SVS you will pick up 6db across the spectrum.

5. Harold Leroy

Harold Leroy Stunt Coordinator

Brian, I have another 1,000 cu. ft. then your room and since it's that large, I decided to order two CS 20-39plus with 1000 watt amp.
    Looks like there are a bunch of 20-39CS's for sale out there--go for a second one!!!

6. Shanthi

Shanthi Stunt Coordinator

Apart from adding 6db more of headroom, I think at lowest octave it will help from not blowing your driver.

7. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Brian,
    That's a big room. A second SVS would take you from "wow" to "Oh my God". The subjective improvement is far greater when in a large space than the 6dB would have you imagine.
    Don't forget we toss in a 5% discount to hesitant buyers that were reluctant to go whole hog on day one.
    Or you could jump on the 10% discount for SVS owners which applies to the new CS-Plus. Get a sub tuned to match your current CS (the 20-39CS-Plus of course) and you will never be tempted to upgrade your subwoofers again. That'd be roughly like having THREE of your current subs clustered together (if you put the twins together anyway).
    Go here for more on the CS-Plus discount, and here if you were wondering about the CS-Plus
    So it'd be $427 for another matching sub, and $539 for a CS-Plus. The $90 get's you nearly the power of tree subs.
    If you can pass that up you are a better man than I am!
    Ron

8. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I want another one more than anything. It is my wife that would freak. People already come over and can not believe the bass. She would say, "You want more? You are nuts!!!" Women do not understand sound. I will have to wait unfortunately. We bought the reciever, all of the front channel speakers and the svs combo so we are out of money. :-(

9. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

>>>She would say, "You want more? You are nuts!!!"

10. Neil N

Neil N Stunt Coordinator

LOL!

In my best Homer Simpson voice:

"It's funny because it's true"

11. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor