What's new

Single people, how desperate are you? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Re that man in front of the Chinese Theatre: Anybody who lives in Los Angeles must be familiar with would-be actor Dennis Woodruff and his annoyingly distracting automobiles plastered with his pictures and agent's phone number. One of his cars was parked across the street from my house this past week. Though he's desperate for a role, he has taken desperation to new levels.

As for me, I'm seeing somebody, so I guess I'm not single--though I feel much closer to my cat than to my girlfriend.

But I used to know this really, really desperate little guy with whom I used to work. He hailed from Turkey, yet could not, for the life of him, seem to grasp the way things are done here when it comes to matters of the heart. As a result, he wore his feelings on his sleeves, and he gawked at anything in a skirt. Made women feel creepy.

This guy was so inept and desperate that he failed to score with a prostitute when he was visiting San Francisco.

That was a new one on me: being so desperate that even a prostitute wasn't willing to go along.

(After that unfortunate encounter in SF's Tenderloin District, a cop came up to the little guy and actually told him to move along and not bother any other people.)

I think he was a virgin.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Jack-

Yeah, I'm very familiar with Dennis. I've seen him a zillion times in Hollywood. I also see him a lot near my place of work. Seems he lives nearby. I liked when he put those little army men all over his car. Indeed, he is the height of desperation. And getting a little long in the tooth, too!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Not desperate, and not really looking either. I'm sure I will come across someone in the near future, but I like my life right now and when a woman comes into the picture, it will just happen. (Only thing I have to learn is less is more, don't smother. :)) If you guys remember my Allison thread back in October, you'd understand why I'm like this.
I've come close to liking a couple of girls but eventually backed off. Being too busy, full time work, working here, screenings and Vancouver Art House Excursions with Mark is pretty much occupying my life right now. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! :D
Jason

Janna S

Second Unit
Gee, Micah, you "slept with an old friend from grade school who is not all that attractive." At first blush, it might seem that you were really "desperate." Did you make him or her wear a bag over his or her head?
:frowning:
But then again, it could mean that your standards are actually improving - that "attractiveness" (I assume you use the word in the usual physical sense, witness the omnipresent "hottie" and "babe" lingo of the HTF guys) maybe isn't always the most important thing.
:)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Single: yes.

Desperate: not at all. I'd only be desperate if something were threatening my single state.

I'm very happy being single and want to stay that way.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Stay away from me Ron!

Naw, I wasn't all that desperate. Ron takes up all my free time. I'm no George Clooney, but I used to think that having slept with one really truly spectacular make-my-friends-envious woman sort of let me off the hook, and I could then just sleep with pretty much anything that came along. Well, this past weekend put that theory to bed, so to speak.

I am a completely shallow horrible person, but from now on, the girl must be a "hottie," as Ron says... If you see Jennifer Love, Christina Agulara, Thora Birch... Please Ron, have them email me. It just takes too much of my desperate energy to do anything else.

I'm so shallow!

Shallow Micah

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe I typo'd "desperate" throughout my entire post. I really do know how to spell the word. And I like my present living arrangement: jes' me and my little buddy Attila.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If you see Jennifer Love, Christina Agulara, Thora Birch... Please Ron, have them email me.
Micah, no worries my friend. There all coming over this weekend, I'll make sure I bring your name up in our converstions, along with your phone #.
Always here to help out a shallow friend.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks