What's new

Single people, how desperate are you? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My buddy is so desperate, that he put a sign on the rear window of his truck that says: space available along with his cell phone number.
Needless to say I'm in disbelief. Does this seem a bit strange?
Peace Out~:D

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
My friend Gary tried all of the internet personal add services.When that did not work,he went to a place called great expecations.He pays them close to $100 a month(3 year contract) and has gotten nothing as of yet.

AjayM

Screenwriter
He pays them close to $100 a month(3 year contract) and has gotten nothing as of yet.
Wouldn't the fact that you had to sign a 3yr contract with this service raise some flags with some people? Do they have some kind of guarantee with their contract? Like X number of dates per month?

Andrew

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,he is not a super bright man.What gets me is he cannot afford to pay attention so how does he plan to pay for a date on top of the service.He works/has worked at wendys for 7 or 8 years and just makes above minimum wage...I just do not get it..

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just noticed this Saturday night when we met at Disneyland. When I saw this I laughed my ass off thinking it was a joke.....to my surprise, no joke. He did not even laugh along with me. I'm still laughing about it.
Peace Out~:D

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I'm single but have adjusted to "the game". When first becoming single after a long companionship all I wanted was the security of a relationship. Then I realized its nothing but a meat market out there, so now all I care about is sex. One day I'll meet the one but I'm patient. It usually happens at the most unexpected times. Until then, I do not dwell. I just enjoy myself.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Back in the days when I used to do documentary photography, I spent quite a lot of time on Hollywood Blvd. One summer, this man appeared in front of Mann's Chinese Theater holding a sign reading, "Wife Wanted." He was there for weeks holding that sign. He was serious, too. Now that's desperate!

Janna S

Second Unit
Single? - yes

"Desperate"? - not in the least.

Looking? - not really (see the "are you/have you ever been in love" thread in "Polls").

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I wish I had a scanner. I've got a picture I took when I was in Owensboro, KY a few years back. A guy actually had a billboard in his front yard advertising his need for a wife, and the prerequisites he sought. I have no idea if his plan suceeded or not. I haven't had a reason to go back that way.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I went to a B.B. King concert last Saturday. Hazel Miller was the opening act. About halfway throught the set she comes to the front of the stage and says in a sultry voice, "Now if anyone of you out there is tall... dark... and employed... I'm available... www.hazelmiller.com. A girls got to advertise, you know?" A great act, she had the audience howling.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Single, not desperate. As far as using non-traditional methods to get dates, I use match.com. I've had tons of fun with the girls I've met through their service.

I would NOT put my phone number in my car window...women would view that as desperate and when they sense desperation, they run fast in the opposite direction...

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
So I see this thread... "how desperate are you?"... And I look to the right, and shure nuff it's Ron! Suddenly I had this sinking feeling that it would be a thread making fun of ME, since I did something this past weekend that Ron would JUMP ALL OVER -- slept with an old friend from grade school days who is not really all that attractive...

So, how desperate am I? Less so now, Ron.

If you make fun of me, I'll hunt you down and kill you. I know where you live!

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks