What's new

Single Maelstrom or dual Tempest? (1 Viewer)

Tracy_La

Auditioning
Box size(s) not being an issue, which would give me best SQ/SPL? Would I be better off building separate Tempests for more placement options? Room size is 12'x21'x8'6" (I plan on driving them with my Parasound HCA 1000A bridged 400 watts @ 8 ohms) Use would be 60/40 HT/HS.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I would say dual Tempests in a single box (or 2 identical boxes stacked if you prefer) would be awesome! I guess for more music use you might want to try positioning one next to each of your mains for a little better balance, depending on where you have them crossed over.

Maybe the 2 boxes would be best, that way you have some placement options and could tweak.

Tracy_La

Auditioning
Ok, I've decided to go with two Tempests in seperate 214 liter vented enclosures tuned to 15.4 Hz....will my Parasound HCA 100A bridged at 400 watts be enough to push them to satisfactory levels?

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Wow. Thos things are going to sound fantastic. I have a single ~210L ported Tempest tuned to around 19Hz (I'd tune lower if I did it over again) and it puts out an incredible amount of bass.

I'm looking forward to seeing your project! Keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks