Single disc dvd player?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeremy Scott, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

Since I am thinking of selling my ps2 and getting a Gamecube.....I will be in need of a new dvd player.
    It only has to be a single disc player but must have PROGRESSIVE SCAN and a optical input.

which is the best for my money.....i dont want to spend alot.

thanks

j

2. Mando-R

Mando-R Stunt Coordinator

Less than 100 bucks - Panasonic S25, but get extended warranty.

Less than 150 bucks - Lite On LVD-2001 from www.dell.com. This DVD player is on its way to my house and I'm hyped about it

Less than 200 bucks - same as above

Over 200 bucks - I don't know, but the Lite On supposedly puts comp to DVD players twice its cost.

3. DaveKahler

DaveKahler Stunt Coordinator

I've been using my Onkyo DV-SP301 for about a month now, and love it. You can get it for

4. Mando-R

Mando-R Stunt Coordinator

No offense to the above poster, but you might want to stay away from Onkyo's DVD player/changer/s. They read very slowly and have disc errors all the time. I had a 380 changer and took it back after seeing that different dvd players have different de-interlacer chips.

Onkyo makes good receivers but the only disc readers I would use from them is a 5 compact disc changer.

As I suggested, go with the Lite On LVD2001. It has multi-region and multiformat capability. It has a strong de-interlacer, and so far I've heard of no complaints from this player except the everlasting red light and sometimes loud dvd drive. (The drive can be replaced by a computer DVD drive of your choice)