What's new

Single disc dvd player? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
Since I am thinking of selling my ps2 and getting a Gamecube.....I will be in need of a new dvd player.
It only has to be a single disc player but must have PROGRESSIVE SCAN and a optical input.

which is the best for my money.....i dont want to spend alot.

thanks

j

Mando-R

Stunt Coordinator
Less than 100 bucks - Panasonic S25, but get extended warranty.

Less than 150 bucks - Lite On LVD-2001 from www.dell.com. This DVD player is on its way to my house and I'm hyped about it

Less than 200 bucks - same as above

Over 200 bucks - I don't know, but the Lite On supposedly puts comp to DVD players twice its cost.

DaveKahler

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using my Onkyo DV-SP301 for about a month now, and love it. You can get it for

Mando-R

Stunt Coordinator
No offense to the above poster, but you might want to stay away from Onkyo's DVD player/changer/s. They read very slowly and have disc errors all the time. I had a 380 changer and took it back after seeing that different dvd players have different de-interlacer chips.

Onkyo makes good receivers but the only disc readers I would use from them is a 5 compact disc changer.

As I suggested, go with the Lite On LVD2001. It has multi-region and multiformat capability. It has a strong de-interlacer, and so far I've heard of no complaints from this player except the everlasting red light and sometimes loud dvd drive. (The drive can be replaced by a computer DVD drive of your choice)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks