What's new

Singin' In The Rain 2 Disc S.E. 9/24/02 (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
And according to Amazon, this version is rated 'R' and not for sale to minors.
Perhaps they have mistaken it for the lesser-known adult movie "Swingin' in the Rain"? :D
- Steve

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Hey..."goooood mornin'" indeed!!!!I don't want to hear the new R rated lyrics
to "make 'em laugh":D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"She's swinging from my wang...just swing-ing from my wang"...

Amazon.com gets their info wrong all the time.

Sincerely,

John "Well, I am a writer by nature" Kilduff

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Here's some more info from DVD Planet:

*2-Disc Set. Two audio commentaries featuring Debbie Reynolds, director Stanley Donen, screenwriters Betty Comden and Adolph Green, and interviews with Donald O'Connor, Cyd Charisse, Rita Moreno, director Baz Luhrman and Kathleen Freeman; 30-minute making of documentary; 96-minute documentary on producer and songwriter Arthur Freed; Deleted number "You Are My Lucky Star" plus additional soundstage recordings; Still gallery.

It should be noted that Kathleen Freeman died recently I believe.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm all over this one. Ok now.. what's this? Singin' in the Rain SE, woohoo it's mine all mine [maniacal laughter], my favorite musical all mine... "I'm singin' in the rain just singin' in the rain what a glorious feelin' I'm happy again..."
My favorite shower song btw!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Kathleen Freeman did indeed pass away recently. A trooper to the end, she ended her career with a highly acclaimed performance as the piano player in Broadway's musical FULL MONTY.

Most people probably know her best from countless Jerry Lewis movies, BEVERLY HILLBILLIES episodes and of course, THE BLUES BROTHERS .

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
She passed away? Damn, I'll miss her...great character actress. Oh, and don't sell short where people know her from. Besides the Nun ("the Penguin") in Blues Brothers, she was also Peg Bundy's mom on Married With Children, the "cooking lady" (Microwave Marge, IIRC) in Gremlins 2, and is also on the Innerspace disc most of us watched recently!
Great stuff, Kilduff. :D
Also, try this official info on for size:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wait a sec. The info I just posted, from an official WB site, seems to be at odds with WB's own press release details, which DO include Donen on the commentary. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Assuming that Donen has input on the documentaries, this is a 1.0 mono track away from being a perfect collection of features. :)
I will still hold onto my Criterion LD for the Ron Haver commentary, though. That commentary was like an "Everything You Wanted to Know About Singin' in the Rain" book.
Regards,

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the 5.1 soundtrack is actually made from original elements (stems or angles as they were called) and not the awful Chase phoney stereo.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Even though this film was made right when widescreen films were just about to be made, it needs to be seen at 1.33:1 at any cost.

Roger Ebert commented that when a print was screened at an HBO film festival, they idiotically cropped the print to 1.66:1.... it was a travesty. You couldn't see anyone's feet!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Does anyone know, if the talent is spread out over multiple commentary tracks? It sure sounds like a lot of people to have on 1 track. The few tracks that I've listened to w/ more than 3 people, usually turn out to be terrible w/ everyone talking over the top of everyone else. If not, I hope they are edited together from multiple sources, so that they are listenable.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Read the posts above. It sounds like Cyd Charrise and Donald O'Connor are interviewed and not part of a running commentary. I suspect it will be Stanley Donen and perhaps Debbie Reynolds. Obviously there's a lot of conflicting info posted above. Perhaps the WB Press release is available to Ron for posting?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks