What's new

Since we're talking about bad neighbors..... (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

Here's why this is all a bad thing: Because when you're a considerate person and you're living your life, minding your own business, thinking about the things that are important to you and expecting to live in a manner that makes you happy and secure, you should not be TORTURED by these kinds of thoughts. It can turn your whole life inside out and upside down. And it is merely because someone close by has been inconsiderate and not thought about the consequences of their actions.

I keep coming back to this thread, even tho it BURNS ME UP just thinking about YOU thinking about this stuff. It's so frustrating, this kind of thing. I think that it's SUMMER TIME that does this to people. (To get back to your original post saying "something must be in the air.") Warmer weather makes everyone feel like they own the outdoors and can just do any damned thing without a thought about anyone else. (How come, I ask myself, I do not think this way? Because I'm CONSIDERATE.)

You shouldn't be burdened with thinking twice about calling the city and complaining about this new skateramp. Sorry, neighbors, but you didn't check with us when you built it, and it's annoying the crap out of us, and you don't seem so open to friendly conversation about it (instead, you seem intent on having it and not discussing it), so I really wanted to let the city authorities know about it, so they can have a nice word or two about it with you and maybe the neighborhood will return to its former, quiet self. Don't you miss that?

Just call the police.

Or, burn down their damned house, skateramp and all. :angry:

MC

Colton

Supporting Actor
Something no one has mentioned yet is the liability of having one of these things on your property. My home insurance absolutely forbids me owning a trampoline in my backyard - or they won't cover me. I wonder if your neighbor is compliant with his insurance policy to have such a risk of injury in his backyard? What insurance company would cover something like that? If some kid ollies off this thing and gets hurt - you think he'll be covered? Hells no!

- Colton

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

That is a good point. I don't their insurance company would allow for such a thing (and they also have a trampoline, but that has never bothered me). They used to wear helmets, but not anymore and I can't help but think that one bad fall and split skull would quiet things down. And don't jump on me for thinking like that, they're the ones who should be wearing helmets. I wonder how one goes about finding out who their nieghbors home insurance is thruough???

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Micah,

Remember: anger leads to hate and hate leads to.......you know the rest of the story. If not, check out Episode III Revenge of the Sith :D.

This is not an endorsement of Star Wars though I can't speak for Micah who repeatedly puts up what appears to be the face of an angry Darth Maul ;).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

I knew it was your thread, I saw the pins, removed them and continued on my merry destructive path.

lol

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
In these kinds of cases, I go beyond The Dark Side. I AM The Dark Side.

You know how in STAR WARS Peter Cushing refers to Darth Vader at one point as, "My friend..."? It makes you think: if this evil Grand Moff guy is referring to that other evil guy as "my friend," imagine how god awful evil The Grand Moff Tarkin actually is!. Well, in these cases, I'm apt to refer to The Grand Moff Tarkin (and I love saying "Moff") as "hey, buddy"!

MOFF!

Inconsiderate neighbors make me insanely evil.

Otherwise, I'm a softy.

MC

E

Eric Kahn

Micah, not black sabbith, you need to play some Bach organ music or a symphony or 2

My Tenants roomate got Tocata and Fugue in d minor at a house shaking volume (apt is upstairs and she was playing Gangsta Rap at high volume on a cheap stereo, did it once too often)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Yeah, Bach's T&F is stupendous. And I could curl their hair with it, surely. But, it would be lost on them. Its evil is subtle and somewhat restrained; takes taste. Most inconsiderate neighbors lack this refinement.

Sabbath just comes right out and declares, "Hey, your pop music sucks, you're a jerk for playing it so loudly, and I don't need to hear it right now, so suck on this..."

I keep coming back (Bach) to this thread, even tho it riles me up so. And I have been lucky so far this season, with just this little radio annoyance and not much dog barking. Maybe I'm jinxing myself by keeping this thread alive.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

MC

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
You want the secret to quiet neighbors?

Bagpipes!!!!

I have a friend who goes fishing and camping a lot. One weekend night after everyone had settled down in their tents and such to sleep, a car pulled up into the camping area and the loud rock started pumping. Charles (his real name) said he just pushed his Bagpipe cassette into the slot and cranked up the volume for about 2 minutes. When he turned it off there was nothing to be heard but the sound of a car quietly leaving the campground.

Bond. Paul Bond.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've been clicking on this thread since it began and realize all of us probably have had some nighmare neighbors. When I lived in Memphis, my next door neighbor was "cooking" something with a strong chemical smell. His visitors would often "eat" that cooking sitting in front of my house! Had to get out of that city....

Where I live now also has its share of problem people. It seems you just can't get away from bad people and their messed up ways.....

A neighbor one door down from me was recently arrested for possession of substances used for meth manufacturing. Even though he is gone and his wife is still there, the home is now a collection point for hip-hoppers who daily drive up with their music bumping loudly and leave it on while making their "house call". I was talking with a police friend of mine the other day and when he asked if we ever noticed anything concerning that house, I simply replied, "well, there is definitely something going on, since I know she's not selling that much pu***"....

This type of mess permeates all levels of society and is a blight on all neighborhoods. It is sad to see the children of these people who are going to probably grow up to be even worse.........

Colton

Supporting Actor
I seem to recall a very interesting story about a redneck hillbilly who moved into the suburbs and did some crazy home improvements that were an eyesore to the rest of the neighborhood. Everything from adding a fishbowl to beautify his mailbox, a cloud-touching flagpole, a pool table in his garage port, etc ...

- Colton

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Some people, it doesn't matter if you try to approach them nicely or not. About ten years ago, my wife and I had an apartment that was above a newly moved in Mexican family that liked to blast their music at floorshaking volume, as early as 7AM. After putting up with it for a while, I finally went down and politely asked if they wouldn't mind keeping it at a lower volume. The mother of this family then went into a tirade about how I was a racist and various other unpleasantries. Within a week, my car was egged twice, damaging the paint, and forcing me to waste the time in filing police reports to have it fixed via insurance. This was my new car, and the only car egged in a row of them in front of our apartment building. The sneers from them after that were truly aggravating, and the music never stopped, despite my calling the complex security on them once. Thankfully, we were in the process of moving out, so a couple days after we had moved, I drove back well after midnight and...let's say their truck was not going anywhere the next day. A criminal act, certainly, and not something I'm proud of (though it felt great), but this human garbage earned every moment of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks