What's new

Since Monsters Inc. My Toshiba 3750 is acting wierd for the first time ever (1 Viewer)

Lyle

Auditioning
I had noticed that some other people were having the exact problem I am having. I have never had a problem on my Toshiba 3750 until I tried to play the Monster Song extra on Monsters Inc. My 3750 hardware locked and the screen turned green. I have to physically unplug the power cord to get the dvd player to respond to anything after this.

Next I noticed that Toy Story 2 no longer shows a cursor to navigate the menu's after this monsters inc lockup and now I can't watch Brotherhood of the Wolf. It freezes after the french copyright warning.

My player also seems slower to load discs.

I am convinced that Monsters Inc. has physically harmed my player and I was hoping we could do something about this.

I know it has nothing to do with the discs because I have tested all (except for monsters inc. which I am afraid will damage other players) in computers and other players and they've functioned correctly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've also been having a problem with my Panasonic reading discs since the Monsters Inc. "incident." Don't know why, as I've NEVER had ANY problems with this player until MI and a couple other discs since then.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Yep, I'm convinced Monster's Inc killed my H/K DVD 50. Never had a single problem for a year until I put that disc in. Now it reads nothing.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone have an explanation for this? (perhaps this should be moved to Hardware?) Is it possible to damage a player just by reading/playing a "bad" disc?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Wow, thats scary. I have Monsters Inc, but luckily I havent watched many of the supplements and never had a problem. Another reason for me to just watch the movies and skip the extras! :)

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Well, I bought a Panasonic RP82 to replace my DVD 50 and watched MI last night on it without problems. I didn't even have the problem most have been complaining about with the layer change (other than the horrible placement of it), so I don't know...maybe it's just a coincidence my H/K died on Monster's Inc.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I haven't had a problem with my Apex 1500 so far. I watched the movie and some of the extras without a problem at all.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I can't see how reading a Disc would cause problems to hardware. It's not like you can Flash the ROM from reading a movie. The rom has to be connected through a serial cable in order to flash it. Thats why you have to send your player in to get new firmware updates. I highly doubt Monsters Inc ruined your DVD player. I do know that most of the older Toshiba DVD players have had problems reading some studio discs and that is fixed by a firmware update or having the laser readjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread