Since I've joined this forum . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Since I have joined this forum, a bit over 2 weeks ago I think. I have spent 2,000 dollars on HT upgrades!!! You guys have been a terrible influence on me! [​IMG]
    I upgraded my Onkyo 575x to an Onkyo DS898 (just bought last night).
    Upgraded my polk RM6600 speakers to NHT Super Center for center channel, NHT Super Zeroes all around (L, R, RS, LS, Rear surrounds 7.1)
    Upgraded my polk PW250 sub woofer to an SVS 25-31CS powered by a KLH amp recommended by Ron (cheap) w/ Rhino cable.
    Got all of that for just over 2000. It's ALL enroute to my house and I have been upable to sleep last couple days in anticipation!! [​IMG]
    I am still shopping for an HDTV upgrade (currently have a 36" panny) and a progressive scan DVD. I'll make these purchases with my XMAS bonus in March.
    But that will most likely be between another 2500 and 3500. So since I've been a member here I would have spent close to 4 grand in just a couple short months. And I thank all of you that have helped me make some decisions!
    Without this place I probably would have spent 3000 on crappy overpriced, overmarketed garbage.. but with all of your help and expertise, I have spent just over that but on top quality equipment that I'm sure is going to blow me away when I hook it all up!
    thanks again to everyone here that has helped me get up to speed in some HT knowledge and make some otherwise tough and wrong decisions! [​IMG]
    JIm

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

HTF has a virus........very contagious too...

I've been a member for a while nad this is the first place I visit daily. Lot of info here and smooth operation from most members. Welcome to the HT clan and I am sure you'll have more post once that new equipment starts coming in.

3. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

What does your wife have to say about this?? [​IMG] Mine would be having a cow by now under those circumstances.

4. Jim Carr

So far I have been able to "hide" most of my purchases [​IMG] I buy and sell so many things via ebay that she doesn't pay attention anymore.. I'll just be selling a bit more things to make up the difference [​IMG] haha.
    "Honey, where is our cat!?"
    Ummmmmmmmmm [​IMG]

5. AaronT

AaronT Extra

?????

6. Jim Carr

Thanks Aaron.. I definetly think with all my new toys I should be good to go for at least a couple months [​IMG]
    I think I finally found my TV too.. I was going to get the 40" Sony XBR700 but I was at circuit city today and saw the RCA F38310, man it was a beaut!!
    38' direct view widescreen.. the picture was just unreal! Fits perfectly in my entertainment center.. so I'm set. Now just need to find the progressive scan DVD to go with it and I'm good to go. I'm leaning towards the RP91.
    Good luck going a year with no upgrades [​IMG]
    Jim

7. Pete K

Pete K Agent

Yup the 38310 makes DVDs real purty---no HDTV for me yet.

The first 38310 I got I managed to fry but RCA replaced.

I use a surge protector now!

8. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Geez I could never promise my wife no upgrades for a year...I'm always thinking of the next thing! In my case, however, much of what I have is 4+ years old now, which means I've been pretty good about not upgrading for quite some time. However, when I make up for that it's going to be ugly! All this time spent on HTF has given me far too many, um, "good ideas".