What's new

SINBAD SELLING FAST (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Joined
Dec 21, 1998
Messages
834
Twilight is reporting there are 400 Golden Voyage of Sinbad are left and 700 Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.
 

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
6,537
Real Name
Robin
Ernest said:
Twilight is reporting there are 400 Golden Voyage of Sinbad are left and 700 Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.
Good. I love it when Twilight Time discs sell quickly because it means they can continue trading. I have zero interest in these two films but I'm glad others disagree.
 

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
1,390
Real Name
Steve
It's nice t know that, whilst they're clearly going to sell out, they've not gone so quickly that anyone who wanted one might have missed it because they were ill for a few days, or away on holiday.

What are the fastest to sell out?

How many have lasted less than a week?

Steve W
 

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
12,327
Location
Deadmonton
Real Name
Russell
Yorkshire said:
It's nice t know that, whilst they're clearly going to sell out, they've not gone so quickly that anyone who wanted one might have missed it because they were ill for a few days, or away on holiday.

What are the fastest to sell out?

How many have lasted less than a week?

Steve W
I think "Christine" barely lasted the day it was released.
 

britx

Grip
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
16
Real Name
Brian
I was on the fence about purchasing these two films. I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Anyone have any experience with Screen Archives? I've never ordered from them before and was wondering how long it normally takes them to process the order and ship it.
 

britx

Grip
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
16
Real Name
Brian
ahollis said:
About two days to process and a week to get it. At least that has been my experience.
Great! So hopefully I'll be enjoying IAMMMMW during the first half of next week and Sinbad in the latter half.

Thanks for the info.
 

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2001
Messages
4,275
Location
Fishkill, NY
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Shipping is better now that they've gone back to shipping via first class mail. My pre-order of Khartoum was shipped on Monday and arrived today.
 

britx

Grip
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
16
Real Name
Brian
Richard Gallagher said:
Shipping is better now that they've gone back to shipping via first class mail. My pre-order of Khartoum was shipped on Monday and arrived today.
Thanks for the info. My order is still pending. Hopefully things will speed up once the package gets to USPS.
 

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
3,215
Real Name
Joe Hudak
In addition to the Sinbad discs:
December 26th - Low Quantity Alert from Twilight Time! Less than 600 copies of Enemy Mine (1985) and Stagecoach (1966) remain.
 

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
6,537
Real Name
Robin
RolandL said:
Golden Voyage of Sinbad sold out.
Hey, that was quick! I was on the Screen Archives web site yesterday, trying unsuccessfully to pre-order The Blue Max, and they had a message saying 50 were left.

It seems the standard pattern is that when stocks are really low, there is a last minute rush to buy. But who is buying? Enthusiasts who have left it too long or Ebay scalpers?
 

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
3,217
Real Name
Ray
Robin9 said:
Hey, that was quick! I was on the Screen Archives web site yesterday, trying unsuccessfully to pre-order The Blue Max, and they had a message saying 50 were left.

It seems the standard pattern is that when stocks are really low, there is a last minute rush to buy. But who is buying? Enthusiasts who have left it too long or Ebay scalpers?
Probably both. I waited until there were about 200 Golden and 400 Eye left. $30 each plus shipping is hard to part with and I really had to be pushed.
 

ahollis

Patron
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
8,403
Location
New Orleans
Real Name
Allen
JoeDoakes said:
Probably both. I waited until there were about 200 Golden and 400 Eye left. $30 each plus shipping is hard to part with and I really had to be pushed.
If it's a title I want I order it the day pre-sales are up.
 

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
2,261
Location
New jersey
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I missed out on these. Nobody's fault but mine - I just waited too long to order. I wonder if they'll ever be issued again on Bluray?
 

ahollis

Patron
Premium
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
8,403
Location
New Orleans
Real Name
Allen
I enjoyed these so much that I ordered the Sony Blu-ray collection, which I passed on several years ago. Amazon had it and it will be here Thursday. Now twilight, we need FIRST MEN IN THE MOON.
 

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
123
Real Name
Neal
LouA said:
I missed out on these. Nobody's fault but mine - I just waited too long to order. I wonder if they'll ever be issued again on Bluray?
Eye of the Tiger is still available at the moment.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
350,694
Messages
4,926,879
Members
142,888
Latest member
boreli
Recent bookmarks
0
Top