What's new

SIN CITY to be released with 4 different cover options (1 Viewer)

Mike.P

Second Unit
Will gladly double dip for the Standard and CE, still my favorite movie of the year.

Hoping that the CE has a very nice stylized cover with either comic art, or just "Sin City" Splashed across some white rain.

I'm a sucker for simple covers, though, with my favorites being THX-1138 CE, Ultimate Matrix, and T2 Ultimate. :)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
I hope by the time this is released, we have a date for the SE. I would have really regretted waiting for the Kill Bill SE's as I've watched the barebones both a bunch since then.
I also want to make sure the SE contains the theatrical cut in its entirety. I mean, I'd imagine it'll probably have theatrical on one disc and the individual stories on a separate disc. However, I fell in love with the film I saw in theaters, so, yeah.
If the price is like 14.99, I'll probably pick up one anyway. And any of hte slip covers look great to me (except maybe the Banderas one, and Bruce Willis looks out of place on the Alba one).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, there are people who will buy all four T.V. Guides when multiple covers are available, so why not DVD's? I don't fault the studios for milking this - if the public is that obsessed with completism, someone ought to be reaping the benefits!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, but TV Guides aren't $19.99 a pop, either. Someone would have to be REALLY into collecting complete sets to pony up $80.00 for the same dvd just with different artwork on the cover.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Too bad they don't have a Nancy (Jessica Alba) only cover. I guess I'll have to drool over Bruce Willis too. :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The first one is the keepcase design, with all the different characters together, so you'd be getting that one no matter which slip-cover you bought it with. The four different ones with two characters each are the four different slip-cover designs.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

Is it really? It looks nothing like her! I haven't even seen the movie yet since it hasn't even opened here! :frowning:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Referring to the cover art, that's certainly the most un-Brittany-like picture I've seen of her. It looks like they really messed around with her face, making her look a lot older than she is.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I still don't know if I'm getting this, but I'm in a dilemma. Reading the topic title, I thought, "Why would anyone NOT buy the Jessica Alba cover?" Then I saw that Britney Murphy pic. Suddenly, it's getting quite hot in here... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks