What's new

Sin City Delayed. (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I agree with you, Robert. Apparently we are the minority on that opinion as far as the inclusion of the graphic novel. I'd much rather save $5 or so than own two copies of something, especially with my limited space and budget.

And I couldn't help to think that some original artwork would be awesome. Or maybe a very vague panel of the Sin City skyline.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

There was/is no SE KB to announce.
Unlike the conspiracy theorists,who thought it was pure greed. First sell the standard editions, then soon afterwards release the unannounced SE's.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Just give it as a gift, then.

To be honest, most of the people who will buy this probably don't have the graphic novels. It is a good deal for those of us who don't have it, and it is a good promo opportunity to encorage sales of the GN.

Jason

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Well put, Jason. If they want to include a graphic novel as part of the package, it is their choice and the SE might not be cheaper if it wasn't included.

Kain_C

Screenwriter

Their choice? Ok... :rolleyes:

And the SE might be (and most likely would be) cheaper without it! And I am NOT against it, just maybe put out two versions; one with and one without so I can save some money. That's all I'm saying...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

But, that wouldn't be cheaper for the studio. Two different packages, two SKUs, more inventory to take care of. It doesn't really make that much sense.

I'm sure if you wait long enough, the current SE will go out of print and maybe have a non-GN version of the movie.

But, to be honest, you aren't going to save THAT much. As I said, give it as a gift. Spread the joy that is Sin City.

Jason

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I assume the date is still on, but I had a meeting at work and during a video, it said that the expanded Sin City DVD would be out on the 27th or so. I'm not exactly sure of the exact date, but it was after Christmas. It was probably just a mistake on their part. At least I hope so.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I would venture that he works at Best Buy because we also had a meeting at my store yesterday with a video that said the same thing.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yes, that is correct. I'm going to check the computer today to see what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks