What's new

Simpsons: Treehouse Of Horror Coming to DVD Sept. 2!! (1 Viewer)

Gabe Sigler

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this has already been announced, but the Simpsons "Treehouse Of Horror" DVD will be released on Sept. 2. Retail is $14.95.

Joel C

Screenwriter
It's probably the same disc that was released in R2, with 4 episodes.

I wish Fox would just release the seasons faster.

Josh C

Auditioning
In order to get a commentary track for every episode, it takes time for the participants to record them. That's one of the reasons why these season set take so long. Only 2 more months till Season 3!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's been established that the first 4 seasons were finished with recordings something like a year ago. I think there's a different reason.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
It's probably because they figure if the sets came out every couple of months, people would go broke trying to afford them all, thus sales would drop.

Dean

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I dunno. Remember these are still the early seasons before they decided they had to include some golden oldie in EVERY EPISODE. Unless they're having a problem with the in-house music guys like Alf Clausen (which I really doubt) I don't think that's the reason.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Isn't the fact that it's a cartoon and has SO many people involved and the fact that DVDs weren't even invented when the earlier seasons came out on TV have something to do with the speed in which the seasons get approved for DVD use? I'm sure they don't need everyone's approval who worked on the show, but there has to be a higher number then a normal television show. Or it could be the simple fact that they want to make sure EVERYONE has the current season before the newer one comes out.
I won't be getting this Treehouse DVD if it only has 4 eps. They're on quite regurlarly around here, and I'll eventually have them when I get the seasons on DVD.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, it has nothing to do with any of the reasons listed. It has to do with approvals, and Gracie films is the bottleneck.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gabe, I'm not sure how you knew about this, but thanks for pointing it out. Your name will be mentioned later today in a TVShowsOnDVD news item that will include the cover art for this puppy. Oh, actually retail is $14.98. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll shoot Gord a note about the cover art. Tom, I'm not sure what "sozz" means, but if it means you kicked my ass then yep, you win. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks