What's new

Simpsons Tree House of Horrors DVD.. What is on it? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here is the rundown on what's included:

Treehouse of Horror V (1994): In this annual trilogy of terror, Homer attempts to kill his family in "The Shinning," Homer tries to fix a toaster and winds up altering the fabric of time itself in "Time and Punishment," and Principal Skinner serves students for lunch in "Nightmare Cafeteria."

Treehouse of Horror VI (1995): In this Halloween-themed anthology, advertising icons go berserk in "Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores," Groundskeeper Willie invades the children's dreams in "Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace," and Homer enters a 3-D world of computer animation in "Homer3."

Treehouse of Horror VII (1996): This Simpson showcase features a terrifying look at Bart's evil twin in "The Thing and I," Lisa creating a miniature world in "The Genesis Tub," and aliens stealing the identities of Bill Clinton and Bob Dole in "Mr. Kang Goes To Washington" (a.k.a. "Citizen Kang").

Treehouse of Horror XII (2001): In "Hex and the City," a gypsy curses Homer, bringing misery to everyone he loves. In "House of Whacks," a computer (Pierce Brosnan) takes over the Simpson house and attempts to kill Homer for Marge's love. And in "Wiz Kids," Bart and Lisa are students at a school for wizards, where they foil the evil Lord Montymort.
These will each show up eventually in their proper season set releases (as will the shows on the Christmas episode). These holiday-themed releases are just in-the-meantime stuff for those who would enjoy not having to pull these out of 4 different season sets. In fact, I think we at HTF kinda asked Fox for releases like this a year or so ago! :D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
With the once a year schedule they're on, I'll buy this as we'll be on to HDDVD before they get to the seasons these are included in.

richardWI

Second Unit
"Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace" is one of my all time favorite episodes!

Lisa: Bart! Don't you realize what this means? The next time we fall asleep, we could die!

Grandpa Simpson: Ehh, welcome to my world! [falls asleep]

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
David Lambert wrote (post #2):

Actually, some of us enjoy the Hallowe'en episodes enough to buy them separately, but will almost surely never buy the season sets. (Fox, I want all the Hallowe'en episodes separate from the season sets, which I won't be buying.)

Any idea how they came up with these? (Why skip seasons 8-10 for season 11?)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
I love the Simson's Halloween episodes but i'd never buy these stupid releases. Giving us 4 episodes per disc is just a real 'fat-cat' studio laugh at the buying public.
I just picked up the new Jim Henson's STORYTELLER collection which had all the nine episodes on one disc.
These Simson 'Halloween' discs should be snubbed by the buying public in the hope we'd get a proper 'non rip-off' release of these great episodes.
..End of rant!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Giving us 4 episodes per disc is just a real 'fat-cat' studio laugh at the buying public.
I just picked up the new Jim Henson's STORYTELLER collection which had all the nine episodes on one disc.
Paid about $20-$23 for that with 9 episodes on it, didn't you? Versus a street price of around $10 for the Treehouse disc with 4 episodes. Hmmm...sounds like the cost per episode is roughly the same.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I love the Simpson's Halloween episodes but i'd never buy these stupid releases. Giving us 4 episodes per disc is just a real 'fat-cat' studio laugh at the buying public"

Also, Sydication shows a Halloween episode practically every day

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Also, Sydication shows a Halloween episode practically every day
Yes, with these special features: relatively poor video and audio, commercial interruptions, and edited for time (to fit more commercials).

I'm not buying this, but wanted to point out why some might, despite frequent TV airings.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
>>>>Paid about $20-$23 for that with 9 episodes on it, didn't you? Versus a street price of around $10 for the Treehouse disc with 4 episodes. Hmmm...sounds like the cost per episode is roughly the same>>>>>>>

Ok, Here in the UK the Simson's Treehouse disc goes for about 18 dollars (£11). You can get the whole 2nd series of FAMILY GUY (15 episodes) for about 28 dollars (£18).
...Rip off!!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Of course I'm not saying that watching on TV is superior to DVD. Just a consellation for people who don't really want to buy this, a halloween ep is shown practically every day. So they won't have long to wait

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Already mentioned, but some of these episodes have been hacked up for syndication. There are some major cuts in the 3D episode for instance. I recently saw it and the Patty & Selma snail sucking scene was gone as well as Professor Fink explaining that Homer is trapped in the 3rd dimension.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well, I am kind of disappointed in one thing... I think they should have released all the Treehouse of Horror's in the collection... Same with the upcoming Christmas episodes...

How many Treehouse of Horrors are there??? 14??? Thats not too hard to put on a 2 or 3 disk set... They should have done a box set for Halloween episodes like they have been doing with the season sets... That way for people (like me) who only want the Halloween episodes can buy that... That way we dont have to wait 10 more years either...

Besides, my favorite one (Treehouse 4. Donut Homer, Dracula Burns, and Bus Gremlin) is not on this disc... Although, they do show a picture of Dracula Burns on the back of the cover... Scam!!!

I was actually almost tricked into buying this from the picture thinking that episode was on the disc... Thinking I might have mixed up the specials...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How many Treehouse of Horrors are there??? 14??? Thats not too hard to put on a 2 or 3 disk set
During the Season 3 commentary they mention how expensive it is to get the rights to some of the songs. I don't remember exactly what songs are in the Holloween episodes, but I can see how they'd want to spread out releasing all of them if the song release issue is going to be a major deal.

As it was, they had to replace the one of the songs in the episode "Bart the Murderer" (where Bart gets a job working for Fat Tony).

I also wonder, do they need to do anything with the celebrities who supplied V.O.'s? Like, do they need to get the rights to release the Holloween episode with Jerry Spinger and Pierce Brosnan?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
David Susilo...

What happened to the Treehouse of Horror I to IV? Do they actually start at V ?
Yes... :frowning:

Shame for me... I really like the 3rd and 4th ones... Neither is on there... Also a few others..

Although, maybe there is something to do with the rights... Just waiting years and years to get these episodes is too much to handle... ;)

The DVD includes 5,6,7, and 12...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.